Having issues with Vapor-X 5770, anyone recognize these symptoms?

Epiik

Limp Gawd
I upgraded to the Sapphire 5770 from a 8800GT 512mb and am having freezing problems in games.

SC2 Ultra settings the game would freeze and then come back 15-20 seconds later and freeze again in 20 seconds. Turned down settings all the way to low and still had the same problem.

Fifa 2011 demo, can't get more than 2 minutes without the game freezing, and then a grey screen or green screen and then the video card fan seems to power off for a moment and then the card powers back up and the game comes back.

But it keeps happening.

I used driver sweeper before installing the AMD drivers. I went back and installed an older 10.2 version of the catalyst drivers as well and it has not fixed the problem.

The PSU in this system is the Corsair HX520. The computer isn't really a power hog either: E8400 @ 4ghz, 4gb ddr2 800, Tuniq 120, x-fi fatality.

Maybe it's just a bad card? It's from amazon so I should be able to return it.

Oh, it's not heat either. I've got the fan at 100% and it idles at 45 degrees and during load it's at maybe 55-60.

are you using afterburner to manage the card or CCC? Ive been using afterburner on my vapor-x 5770 since day 1 and havent had a problem yet

I'm using CCC. Also I tried it with an even more powerful PSU so it's not that.

Ok, just going to ask for a replacement.

Last edited:
Back