Having fits with overclock of P4B266 and 1.8 P4

As of now I'm running the 1.8 @ 2.25 on the P4B266.

If you go to pages 39-41 of the P4B266 manual, I've set it up so I'm making changes to freqs with the DIP switches.

Currently 1-4 are down, 5-6 up, 7-8 down, 9 up.

Now, the problem. I'm currently running switches 5-6 up, 7-8 down, 9 up, according to page 41 of the manual. This gives me a CPU speed of 125Mhz...I'd like to go with 5 up, 6-8 down, 9 up, giving me a CPU freq of 133Mhz, putting my 1.8 up to 2.4Ghz.

When set to operate at 2.4Ghz it's unstable.

I'm thinking I need to give the Vcore a slight increase in voltage to stabilize things. When I follow the instructions on page 44 of the manual (take the 3rd jumper and move it up) and reboot I can't change the voltage settings in the BIOS...it's locked.

Any thoughts, opinions, and ideas are appreciated.

Jason

I thought that's what the overvolt jumper allowed me to do...go into the BIOS and change the Vcore voltage...

I changed the jumper but can't change the voltage in the bios.

That is what's giving me fits.

As per the manual, it seem there is the jumper and the "Cpu vcore Setting" to change. Under the "Cpu vcore Setting" you can change the value of the vcore.

No, the overvolt jumper will not allow you to change vcore. Just make sure in your BIOS that it is not set to auto, where you can't change it, however, the overvolt jumper does increase the CPU vcore, I'm not sure by what factor, but check the readout in the bios, you should see an increase in your vcore just by switching the jumper.

It's actually been a long time since i had that board. Either it will increase your v-core, or it will give you higher voltage options. On my P4B266-C, I believe I had the ability to select v-core via jumpers that were by the overvolt jumper. Don't know about your board, and it's been awhile since i had that board.

When I change that Vcore jumper it still shows 1.5V in the BIOS like it does in the disabled jumper setting.

So it's not making a change in the jumper setting, and not allowing me to increase voltage in the BIOS, either.

Back