Having a problem with Nero, help please.

Chowder Head

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my Nero software and was hoping someone could help me.

I'm installing the old school one, version 5.5.9.9, but after I burn a disc, and I go to the CD itself at My Computer, nothing shows up. It used to say "D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function" before checked the box for enable CD recording on this device. Now when I enter the disc, nothing happens.

I burnt a disc fine already using the stuff that came with Windows so I know my drive isn't the problem. Think maybe the old Nero won't work on the SP2 XP? I really have no idea.

Rest of the specs are in sig. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that the box is checked for "Simulation" burning, which will only do a test and not actually burn to the CD.

Limahl said:
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that the box is checked for "Simulation" burning, which will only do a test and not actually burn to the CD.
Where do I go to find this? I looked at the information page at the properties tab on the actual CD but I didn't see anything.

And I forgot to mention it, but when I check the used and free space, they both say 0 bytes. Does anyone have any idea?

My brother has the exact same thing installed on his and it's burning fine. I really have no idea.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

You need to make sure that version of nero supports your drive.

I think that's the problem.

I e-mailed Nero and they said my drive is not supported. So I guess that solves it. Now he suggest Nero 7 but I've heard it's bloated garbage and I should stick with version 6.

Question is will Nero 6 work with the NEC 3550A? Is there a version of 6 that is better than other versions? Any users, please speak up!

Thank you!

I'm still a fan of the 6.6 nero. I cannot remember the exact version, but nero 6 is still supported and your drive is supported with the current 6.6 version (available on Nero's site).

Chowder Head said:
I think that's the problem.

I e-mailed Nero and they said my drive is not supported. So I guess that solves it. Now he suggest Nero 7 but I've heard it's bloated garbage and I should stick with version 6.

Question is will Nero 6 work with the NEC 3550A? Is there a version of 6 that is better than other versions? Any users, please speak up!

Thank you!

Yes. I have Nero 6.6.1.4 and the same NEC 3550A burner you have and they work well together.

Back