Having a Problem with my video Card.

SyphinXero

n00b
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
21
Hello everyone! I have been having a major problem in regard to mey video card. When I play any game at all I get stretched polygons or triangle all throughout my screen. An Example would be in bioshock a tea kettle from the next room stretching all the way from the right side of my screen to the left side.

From what I can see this problem gradually increases depending on however long I play whatever game. It happens in world of warcraft after a couples hours playing but happens much faster in games like bioshock.

I am Using a Radeon 1900 GT and have cleaned out all my old drivers and reinstalled the new one and I am still getting this crazy problem. It has been going on for quite some item now and I just thought its about time I do something about it. Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.
 
Sounds like something overheating.

Have you messed with the stock cooler, taken it off? Have you tried using some compressed air to clean the heatsink latelly? How's the vid-card temps? You can check this in the ATI control panel under the overlocking section.

Also, if you've swapped for an aftermarket cooler, I've heard a lot of folks having issues with improper cooling of all necessary components which cause this even though the GPU core will show proper temps. Anyway, someone else chime in, Good Luck
 
I agree that its a heating issue. Especially that its gradual and happens more faster on more stressed games between bioshock and WoW.
 
I checked my radeon settings... it says its running at 66 degrees C. My question is how would i go about changing this without having to acquire new hardware? Or if this overheating problem will have any lasting effect on my existing hardware?
 
have you ever messed with the stock cooler?. If not that is very odd that it would overheat if it was not played with. To go by changing the heat w/o getting new hardware is basically does not block any airflow within your case. If its all clogged up zip ties and other things can help reduce the degrees inside your case. If you keep getting issues. I suggest tying another card and see if the problem persists. Or if you can try in in another system. It always can be a raw hardware issue on the card itself, then you will have to Rma it if all else fails. But try to test the card in another system or get another card laying around if you have one before doing so.
 
66C is fine but then again the reading might be way out.
The triangles etc you are seeing are usually down to heat or lack of power.
Check the heatsink, it might need a clean.

Can you try another power supply if that doesnt work.
 
Its good to illustrate the problem but you havent tried any of our suggestions so its hard to move forward..
 
I havn't ever messed with the stock cooler but I might have accidentally messed with some settings in my BIOS. I believe I swapped for an after market cooler on my CPU but I have done nothing to modify my GPU. I ma really stumped here... My power supply is 350w ... which i'm pretty sure isn't powerful enough. I talked to my cousin and he think's it is an overheating problem as well. In my ATI overdrive options it says Requested 574 MHz
Current VPU: 500MHz. I am wondering where I can find if my GPU is over clocked because right now it is running like ass. Thanks for all the help YAY sauce!

http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=overclockdt5.jpg
 
Your GPU isnt overclocked at all.
Is the heatsink clean?

A 350W PSU isnt going to cut the mustard.
Try a better PSU.
 
Back
Top