having a LOT of trouble uninstalling Norton

mulebennett

Limp Gawd
bought the upgrade, figured i should uninstall then install the new one, every time i try to uninstall it reads:
"A Norton Internet Security account with supervisor access must be logged in to uninstall this product. If Norton Internet Security is not running, click the Start menu, select Norton Internet Security, and log in. Setup will now exit."

WTF is this? i've never had as much trouble uninstalling a program... any tips? :(

Is this an XP or 2000 box?
Are you logged in with the adminstrator account or an account that has administrator rights?

XP Home... logged in as admin... Norton will not allow me to enable auto-protection for some weird reason and says that I need to launch Norton and log in before the uninstall which I can't do... was thinking about just wiping the folders from the hard drive but would like to be able to do a complete uninstall if at all possiblie

I never had much luck with uninstalling a trial of norton something many years ago. It left behind a fully functional copy of the crashguard protector, which actually turned out pretty useful and is still running on the family computer.

I wonder where I stand on legal grounds there? The trial expired, I tried to uninstall it, but it left a functional component behind that I've used since... Am I legally obliged to format or something to get rid of it?

Back