Have two H50s--what to do with it?

mtb2005

Limp Gawd
First off--please don't say "sell both the H50s and buy a real water cooling system." First of all, I couldn't sell the broken one. Second, I had a full fledged water cooling system last year. I'm doing this for modding's sake--just because I feel like it!

Long story short--I have a Corsair H50, and then got an older Asetek version of the cooler for free. I gave it to my friend, but then the lines had gotten bent during shipping, so it has a small leak in one of the lines, so I have it back. Now, I have two H50s to cool an i7 920.

What should I do with them?

So far, I've thought about combining them. However, I've heard of the weak pump giving out with the extra stress of another radiator, so I was going to use the second pump/block as a booster pump, then put both radiators in the computer.

Does anyone have experience with doing this? Would I need to put an anti-corrosion additive in the distilled water I have to prevent the aluminum radiators and copper blocks from corroding?

To do this, I would add in another reservoir. I'm trying to do this with minimal cost on my part--what is the cheapest quality reservoir?

well I guess IF i was in your exact same situation I would purchase a swiftech micro res, and merge the 2 units, then I would slap a Yate Loon high speed on both rads and also get some decent tubing as well... keep the tubing the same size as stuff on there already... all in all I can not see spending more than say $35 on this project... also you might consider a using a swiftech MCR220 or MCR320 rad instead of the stock rads

Back