Have to upgrade...

gs274

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I sold my 8800gtx oc2 today...for $475. Yes that number is correct and the reason i'm in the current predicament. I was GOING to wait for the new stuff this spring before deciding on a replacement card but now need to get one asap. This IS a gaming machine, rig is in my sig as is my lcd...don't care which flavor card although the short warranty's on the ati cards is a HUGE turn-off. Suggestions welcome.

Or get a 9800GTX and pocket $200.

+1

And buy an EVGA, and if the GT200 cards that are suppose to come out in July are as good as everyone "hopes" they are you can step up and not loose the value on the card.

forgive the ignorance as I have been out of the loop for a year and a half (new girlfriend). So, what is the GT200 you are speaking of? Is there a new series of GPU's coming soon? Thanks!

+1

And buy an EVGA, and if the GT200 cards that are suppose to come out in July are as good as everyone "hopes" they are you can step up and not loose the value on the card.

or even better, do like I just did and order a BFG so I get even LONGER than evga to step up.

I'd tend to agree on the "shoulda kept the 8800, you'll miss it" except for the fact that I sold it for almost what I paid for it and WELL over current retail.

If you got that kind of money for the card even now then you did the right thing to sell it.
It really depends on what you want to spend on a new card. You can get a GTS 512 for less than $200 these days (AR). Which would be pretty much on par (+/-) with what you had.

I figure the 9800 gtx can hold me over until the new stuff comes out then stepup to whatever the latest and greatest is.

Id say just get a 8800GTS for now and wait for the ati HD4000 series to come out or if u cant wait i rather get an 9800GTX than a 9800GX2.

I bought my 8800GTX for $470 at the end of January, knowing I'd step it up a few weeks later. By the time I did step up, you could get a new 8800GTX for $280, counting rebate. To sell one now for $475 is outstanding. That said, if I were you, there's no way I could look the buyer in the eye... I'd feel like I ought to be punched.

I bought my 8800GTX for $470 at the end of January, knowing I'd step it up a few weeks later. By the time I did step up, you could get a new 8800GTX for $280, counting rebate. To sell one now for $475 is outstanding. That said, if I were you, there's no way I could look the buyer in the eye... I'd feel like I ought to be punched.

I financed a new pc for him without charging interest...thats my payback

Back