• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Have some questions about using Rufus.

M0710NM4N

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 22, 2011
Messages
124
So I'm trying to do a couple things here...

  1. Need to update my BIOS before starting my build tomorrow. I have a 512 GB thumb drive and it's currently formatted to Large FAT32 which I believe is the correct format to do this. But not sure if I need to change anything in the Boot Selection area or any other settings need changing?
  2. I'll also was hoping to use the same drive to install Windows 11 Pro... but I think this might not be possible and need a second thumb drive?
I have different folders I was going to put on that drive, then place the BIOS in the main directory and once done, would delete the BIOS file and then place the Windows 11 Pro ISO in the main directory. I only have the one drive, so maybe I might need to format to whatever I need for bios and then once done... format again to whatever needed for Windows 11 Pro. If this is what's needed for me to do... any help would be appreciated with what settings I need to change for each method. I can worry about getting a second drive later on.
 
I'm not sure if BIOSes can read/write Large FAT32. What I would do:

Make a small 4GB or whatever size FAT32 partition for updating your BIOS. On the remaining space use Ventoy and you can format as EXFAT or NTFS. Ventoy you can load a bunch of ISO and when you boot to the thumb drive partition you can boot to any ISO you have in the folder. For Windows 11 it's especially great because you can also override forced Microsoft account login for Windows 11 (VTOY_WIN11_BYPASS_NRO) or install on unsupported hardware (VTOY_WIN11_BYPASS_CHECK). Ventoy only scans the folder(s) you tell it to, so you can use other folders on the non FAT32 partition for general storage of whatever.
 
Back
Top