Have a $400 Budget for WC, Need Help

I am new in this territory and seeking advice. I am in the queue for the 780i upgrade and will soon be exchanging my motherboard. I would like to change out my Air-cooled fans to a Water Cooling solution. I am also intending to replace my 8800GTS to a SLI configuration with two 9800 series cards, but not sure which, until they get released. I have Lian Li PC-V1000B Case and limited in space. I chose this case because the size fits into my desk and I like my setup within the space I have available. I was looking into a configuration like this http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=179, but i am not sure if this is best system for what i am planning to do. Any input and/or guidance would be appreciated.

Below are my current specs:

I made the mistake of getting that Koolance case when I started out. I've been working on replacing everything with better components, but I started with the same case at least.

You can easily fit a 2x120 radiator in the top of this case. Just make a cutout and get a 2x120 fan cover like the AC Ryan ones, mount the rad/fans in the top, the pump at the bottom of the 5 1/4 bay area, and the res somewhere inbetween. Plenty of room.

You may want to go with a 3x120 if you're cooling 2 video cards, and you can fit that in the top as well.

Check out my worklogs, for some ideas of watercooling a PC-V1000B

You'll want a triple radiator if you're going C2D + SLI... And a triple radiator with a second 120mm radiator somewhere else, if you're going C2Q + SLI.

Definitely go custom. I hate Koolance stuff, I've used it in the past for client builds, and actually lost money in RMAing almost *every* set I sold, even for something stupid.

Get a Dtek Fuzion CPU block, 2x EK fullcover blocks for your GPU's, a MCP655 pump, and some masterkleer tubing... and you're set.

I do appreciate the input on Koolance, but Arcygenical's setups look very involved. I was hoping for a more out of box solution, maybe a particular manufacturer that makes ready to install system that people have good reputation. Thanks

I do appreciate the input on Koolance, but Arcygenical's setups look very involved. I was hoping for a more out of box solution, maybe a particular manufacturer that makes ready to install system that people have good reputation. Thanks

There's nothing out of the box that'll do what you want. Period.

Either:
1. get ready to pay a lot more than $400 to get everything all custom-installed
2. read up further, pull out the Dremel yourself and get to work
3. give up on water and go high end air

Out of the box water sucks. There's no way around this.

There's nothing out of the box that'll do what you want. Period.

Either:
1. get ready to pay a lot more than $400 to get everything all custom-installed
2. read up further, pull out the Dremel yourself and get to work
3. give up on water and go high end air

Out of the box water sucks. There's no way around this.

It amazes me that no company makes a competant product. I am not disagreeing with you, i really dont know. I do own a computer sales and service company, but we never work on cooling system solution, we mainly sell tons of HP, IBM systems. They built me this system, but used an air-cooled fans solutions. It's just so noisy, and since i was planning to install two cards, i felt it was going to get real hot. I will print out the custom job that was from above and hand it to some of my guys to get some of their input. Any additional ideas would be appreciated.

Back