Hauppauge WinTV-GO TV Tuner/ Video Capture Card 20 bucks free ship

efloetry83

Limp Gawd
this deal seems to be alright from Surplus Computers for 19.99 with free shipping

Hauppauge WinTV-GO TV Tuner/ Video Capture Card

WinTV-GO has these great features:
-Live TV from 125-channel cable ready tuner or from external audio/video source. TV-in-a-window (any size) up to full screen. Channel surf 16 channels.
-Make digital recordings in an MPEG or DivX® format, from TV or from an external A/V source.
-Capture high quality still video image, up to 1600x1200 pixels, in BMP, TIF, TGA and JPEG.
-Videoconference* with Microsoft NetMeeting or Windows® Messenger by adding video camera.
-Windows® Plug & Play for easy installation.
-Single slot PCI card with bus-master technology.

Resellerrating 8.59

more great deals from Surplus Computers HERE

Have used one of these cards for years. Solid card. Software is acceptable for TV viewing. Marries quite well with the Beyond TV 3.x PVR software. A card by Hauppage is actually included in a BTV retail bundle. At $20 you really can't go wrong here, IMO.

I've bought there before with no problems, if that makes anyone feel better. Sometimes the site looks like it just has junk, but like I said I didn't have any problems with them.

I ordered one. I've wanted one for a while. I wonder if I could get two and record two channels at once. OR, the same channel, two times~!

If my memory serves me, this card is good for video, but only records audio in mono? Correct me if I'm wrong.

i cant really tell from the pic, but does this card have a standard cable hook up as well as a rca video in?

also, does it have an audio in, like a 1/8" mini jack as well as an audio out? or is it just cable in and video and audio out?

basically, can i hook my vcr up to this and record the video onto my computer?

Great deal, Hauppage makes grade A stuff. Still want to hear if it can record in stereo before I order though

I've been reading a bunch of review on this since I saw the initial post.

If you want stereo sound out of this card, you'll need an external tuner (VCR, whatever) that handles it, and then pass that audio-out to the cards audio-in. Aparently, if you give it stereo that way, it'll capture it for you. Overall, the sound looks a bit iffy on this beast, but for $20 I'm having a hard time not ordering.

SilenceEchoed said:

If you want stereo sound out of this card, you'll need an external tuner (VCR, whatever) that handles it, and then pass that audio-out to the cards audio-in. Aparently, if you give it stereo that way, it'll capture it for you. Overall, the sound looks a bit iffy on this beast, but for $20 I'm having a hard time not ordering.

Exactly, ordered for $20. I'll end up just watching TV on it and do some recording, where I'll watch the show then delete it as soon as I watch it (I don't need stereo reocording since non of the recorded material will be permanent)

I cant tell the difference between mono and stereo on my computer with it. Ill be using it for my little TIVO box in a few weeks

I ordered my late last monday and recieved it on last Thursday. Not bad for free shipping.

Ditto. It got here while I was out of town, but thankfully since it was USPS instead of UPS or FedEx, it just got put in mailbox for me to fetch when I got home. Saves a lot of "Can you be home from Friday at 2pm till July?" (it's an apartment mailbox, so it's key locked).

Installed, Windows found the drivers (via automatic updates), fired up WinDVR3, and life was good...

Does anyone have a better program they use that would be worth my while to try out before I get too used to WinDVR3?

/Best $20 I ever spent (period)

Is this the 190 model? I've been wanting a 191 but I think I can live without the FM for $20. I purchased one anyway. Thanks OP!

Will this work with MCE 2005? Can anyone confirm this?

No. No remote.

Mine came in a couple of days ago, but I haven't turned off my computer in months. I'd hate to ruin this streak.

sigh. i hate this forum... im a starving college student and i keep buyin shit off here :(

Hell, for twenty bucks, if I get decent video-capture I'll be a happy camper!

[threadjack]
Hilton, what are your 60' and quarter-mile times? Is she as fun to run as she sounds?
[/threadjack]

It's a pretty fun little car. I've only been to the track once, and that was when it was pretty close to stock. It seems every time I have a Friday free to go to the track it rains. My best 1/4 was a 13.28 at ~107mph. 60 foot was a 2.0. I think the ET Streets will help that a bit.

I feel pretty confident I can get into the 12's. That was my original goal when I bought the car. I think I'm going to spend some money on suspension next. It corners like a dumptruck, at least compared to my old BMW. (1990 325is).

back on topic, I'm motivated to try this card out now. Back in a few.

darktiger said:

I know the WinTV-PVR's do, but I can't find anything about the -GO. Anyone want to try it and let us know?

As for these cards, I got mine on Friday after ordering on Monday. Not bad for free shipping. I'll throw it in an XPProSP2 box and report back with the results when I get a chance.

I got the WinTV Go Plus (includes remote and SoftPVR MPEG2/DiVX version) for $19.99AR at CompUSA on BF. It's not as good as my PVR250, but great for the price.

i would order one, but i already have a win tv dbx stereo (hell, i might order one anyway).

I got mine today!!!

But... I have no idea which apps to use :(

Anyone recommend any software for WinXP?

SilenceEchoed said:
After playing around with a few options, I've settled into WinDVR 3. Good stuff, if you ask me.

:(

WinDVR 3 doesn't seem to like my rig :( running WinXPSP2 - when I try to open it, I get the typical application crash.

SilenceEchoed said:

*sigh* mono just wont do

can't believe ya'll baught a mono TV tuner

i ran one of those for years till i "upgraded" to an ATI TV Wonder and damn such a difference, especially if you have decent speakers.

my old tv is mono anyways (only 1 speaker)

now at least it comes out of 5.1 speakers... even if it comes out equally out of all of them ;)

edit: oh yeah, and the cheapest ATI TV Tuner card is $60 at newegg..

we payed $20... shipped. :D

Seriously, for $20 out the door, you really can't complain one bit about the fact that this beast is mono... Yeah, there is a big difference if you've got serious sound wired out of your box, but for a basic rig that someone just wants to add TV to, you really can't beat this.
Hooligan said:
:(

WinDVR 3 doesn't seem to like my rig:( running WinXPSP2 - when I try to open it, I get the typical application crash.

I've got a feeling this has more to do with how/where you got your copy of WinDVR 3 than the program itself. I've successfully run it on multiple systems, each with widely varrying software packages, and the only problem I've encountered is the random loss of the saved channel list on one particular system, though I suspect the cause it specific to that system (aka - we done some funky stuff to it, so I'm just happy the thing boots).

If you're sure about your copy, then are you sure you have a stable Windows install, patched to the moon and everything?

SilenceEchoed said:
I've got a feeling this has more to do with how/where you got your copy of WinDVR 3 than the program itself. I've successfully run it on multiple systems, each with widely varrying software packages, and the only problem I've encountered is the random loss of the saved channel list on one particular system, though I suspect the cause it specific to that system (aka - we done some funky stuff to it, so I'm just happy the thing boots).

If you're sure about your copy, then are you sure you have a stable Windows install, patched to the moon and everything?

It's the free trial off intervideo.com :rolleyes:

Yes, my box is all patched up from windowsupdate.com

Hooligan said:
sigh. i hate this forum... im a starving college student and i keep buyin shit off here :(

I here ya man.... good deals that we cant pass up, but its breaking the bank and adding to the loans... good thing i dont have to pay those back till after I graduate unlike my credit card bills.

For those asking for software there is something you could try. I have not tried it because I do not have a TV tuner card at the moment, but I think you could probably use VLC (Videolan.org). It is an awesome program that plays pretty much anything. What you'd have to do is to tell it to open the stream from the hardware (I seem to recall seeing an option for this about a month ago when I was working on streaming stuff through my network) and then choose output to file. I'm almost certain this will work. It's a free download so if someone wants to try it I'd sort of like to know if it works.

Back