Hate to brag but....

Kristo

Gawd
Anyone over the pond there got ADSL2+?

As in, 24mbit down?

Its just out over here, I got it on last week and....

Holy feckin hell.....download a single cd iso (say gentoo) in about 5-10 minutes.

Got it via this telco here (www.versatel.nl) where they also bundle some soccer crap with it, but still, 40 euros a month (about 10 dollars american :) ), so its pretty sweet

Anyways, I feel the e-penis extending like hell..... :)

ah, good times.

edit : just did a little test, this is what I got

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Connection is:: 12726 Kbps about 12.7 Mbps (tested with 20972 kB)
Download Speed is:: 1553 kB/s
Tested From:: http://hem.bredband.net
Test Time::
Bottom Line:: 227X faster than 56K 1MB download in 0.66 sec
Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 105.49 % faster than the average for host (versatel.nl)
Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-KUMBXCOSW

---

oh and its not the full speed, but then, i was downloading something else at the same time :)

your e-penis is extending as it very well should, my internet runs at 2/3mbs, they claim 6, psh, yea right

That sounds wonderful. I am still waiting for Verizon to roll out their Fiber service in my area.

On a side note, I hope you were joking about 40 EUR being 10 USD. More like, oh, 50-60USD.

That rocks! Pretty damn lucky methinks. Here in the US companies are just barely rolling out <10mb Internet to say nothing of DSL2.

damn, I meant it the other way, 40 euro being about 100 dollars american :)

A Euro currently converts at about 1.2:1 American Dollars; So 40 Euros would be around $48'ish US Dollars.

And congrats. =) Just waiting for FIOS here... but I have a feeling I'll be waiting for a while, hence why I'm not holding my breath.

Very nice...I have a 10/800 connection, thats $51.95 a month......Im sure I could find a use for 24mbit connection :)

My Frat pays 59 a month of rour 10mbit/1mbit connection, over here at Michigan State Uni.. the university and the local DSL provided worked out the deal so that students, fac, and staff get a great deal. Tho, I still think 10mbit is too slow. :(

We have it at work, i think we get 18 down though. And the provider is really shaky, so every now and then we just get 384k down. Although that 18 is niccceeeeee

Back