Haswell Z87 SFF motherboard list

Some info on the Asrock and nice pics! I like the port on the back.

http://www.techspot.com/review/679-intel-haswell-core-i7-4770k/page6.html

And in a picture:

asrockitx08s.jpg

I'm hoping 200ish for that Asrock.....but who knows? More than that for an ITX board seems kind of crazy....lol

Why would you hope it's price is ~200$ ? The Z77E-ITX is around 140$ now and never reached higher than 180$ as far as I know. Here in Europe, the average price is 130€, it didn't move at all in the past 12 months.

I don't get how you can "hope" that it will be more expensive than it should be.

Well previous gen ITX boards weren't as performance oriented, and it'll be a new product. Sometimes things move up a lot in price, so I'm just hoping it's under 200 as it would make my build easier :) More money for the video card haha. I do believe it'll likely be under 200 though, but some of the Asus ITX boards seem like they are going to be up there in price.

Edit: The Z77 version does look pretty similar. Honestly I haven't looked into ITX boards that much as I was waiting for the Haswell stuff, I just recently decided to go SFF for my next desktop build.

Prices in the UK so far are as followed:

Z87 mini ITX Boards

Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI - £116.10 ~ 174USD
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/giga...a-iii-6gb-s-pcie-30-(x16)-dvi-i-hdmi-mini-itx

ASRock Z87E-ITX - £143.99 ~ 215.99USD
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...id=MB-116-AK&gclid=CMOXkcH-xLcCFUfLtAod6WQANw
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
H87 mini ITX Boards

ASRock H87M-ITX - £89.99 ~ 134.99USD
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-117-AK&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=2575
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B85 mini ITX Boards

ASRock B85M-ITX - £71.99 ~ 107.99USD
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-120-AK&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=2576
In this case 1GBP = 1.5USD
UK prices always have 20% VAT on top.
So if you want to work out a rough idea of US prices just take off 20%.

I find that both the CPU and Motherboards are more expensive this time around.
It's also quite amazing to find that the ASRock Z87E-ITX costs just as much as ASUS P8Z77I-DELUXE (Z77).

As I wanted to complete my build asap, I purchased the gigabyte z87n-wifi board with the core i5 4570 considering I wasn't planning to overclock.
Core i7 is very expensive at this point in time, it costs nearly as much as the i5-4570 and z87n-wifi put together.
Too bad xeon e3 v3 won't be available until later.

Thermalright AXP-100 also fits in my build, so board layout isn't much of an issue but it's still quite bad.

Last edited:
They all seem to be a bit cheaper over here. I'm looking at 1600 or so for a full build with a GTX 780, could get it a bit cheaper depending on amazon prices.

Personally I think the CPU's are pretty similar to SB pricing.

They all seem to be a bit cheaper over here. I'm looking at 1600 or so for a full build with a GTX 780, could get it a bit cheaper depending on amazon prices.

Personally I think the CPU's are pretty similar to SB pricing.

Well my retailer has just updated prices, now they don't seem so dear, I guess it was a database issue. I assume it'll get cheaper in a few months time.
I get free GRID2 so I'll take that as £30 off the cpu.

One thing I have noticed is that Intel's cheesy boxart is a blast from the past.

Wonder if/how long before C2 stepping arrives as there was talk of a USB 3.0 bug months ago.

Wonder if/how long before C2 stepping arrives as there was talk of a USB 3.0 bug months ago.

Last I heard, that is supposed to be the end of July. Supposedly though, it only affects USB3.0 drives with a certain controller.

Also, only USB 3.0 sticks, not other devices. Only if you sleep/wake the computer. I personally don't use sleep-mode on my desktop, so I don't really care about the bug.

First price for Asrock Z87E-ITX in the Netherlands: 160€ :( (including 21% VAT)
I was guessing it would be around 130-140€ but for this amount of fluff, I'll happily pay that price.

Was tempted to order the asrock board to play around with, but after reading a haswell review I think I'll pass for a while. Seems they are worse than ivybridge in terms of heat output, for very little benefits. Seems Intel is going backwards... maybe they are trying to catch up with AMD ;p

Was tempted to order the asrock board to play around with, but after reading a haswell review I think I'll pass for a while. Seems they are worse than ivybridge in terms of heat output, for very little benefits. Seems Intel is going backwards... maybe they are trying to catch up with AMD ;p

Haswell is better, and both still need to be delidded for optimal performance. Also right now, there are some places selling 4770ks cheaper than 3770ks.

So none of these have dual ethernet? :(

MSI Z87I and Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI are your boards for this. Although Gigabyte doesn't support teaming anymore (read: unlike on their Z77 ITX board) if that's what you were looking for (because LAN1 and LAN2 are not the same model NIC anymore maybe?). Not sure about MSI. Seems like it should work with the dual Realtek 8111E chips.

MSI Z87I and Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI are your boards for this. Although Gigabyte doesn't support teaming anymore (read: unlike on their Z77 ITX board) if that's what you were looking for (because LAN1 and LAN2 are not the same model NIC anymore maybe?). Not sure about MSI. Seems like it should work with the dual Realtek 8111E chips.

That is correct with the Z87N-Wifi. They use an Intel NIC and an Atheros NIC, so their dual nics don't allow for teaming.

Any idea what the model is called?

I like intel ITX boards - they tend to have the best idle power consumption features.

Haven't seen any announcements and it hasn't shown up in any stores yet, but the leaked mini-ITX version was supposed to be DH87FB.

Yeh, teaming was the plan. Guess I'll be looking at the MSI board.

Well it's June 4 in Taiwan and Computex is about to officially open. We should know pretty soon if the rumors of a rog mitx are true or not, but it could just be the Formula and Tytan.

Not sure if this has been noticed or posted, but the teaser of Andre Yang hitting 2105Mhz(4210Mhz) on DDR3(which is currently the second highest memory frequency recorded), is on the Maximus VI Impact,

(Dated June 2 on ROG website, notice the board is whited out) http://rog.asus.com/236282013/overc...e-yang-teases-maximus-vi-extreme-performance/

(Dated May 31) http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2818531

So the Impact is real. The question is, is it mitx or not.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, since I was unsure of it... I did get a response that the Asrock Z87 does not support CIR any more.

I think I'm the only one who cared, but still. I guess I'll just use a USB IR receiver instead, because otherwise the board is perfect for me.

Looks like Asrock's mitx Z87 has a real competitor. Actually, IMHO this board completely surpasses the Asrock.

That board probably costs twice what the Asrock does, I would hope that it far out paces it.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like it will come with 7.1 audio, that upgraded headphone amp could more than make up for it though. Wonder if gigabyte or MSI have a response.

I don't know. I'd like WiFi and I'd ideally like PS/2, but if you use neither then that's a fantastic board. I never really expected a WiFi card on a ROG board, to be honest.

Doesn't look like it will come with 7.1 audio, that upgraded headphone amp could more than make up for it though. Wonder if gigabyte or MSI have a response.
This just kill it for me, was so good, but i do need at least 5.1... there is still a chance if there is line in / mic in but i doubt it. Back to GENE for me.

So this is where the other mobo manufacturers go "aw $#!+" all at once.
The only way ASrock can top the Impact is to do a mini-DTX board.
I love the picture with 670 short and ROG ITX in hands. What a pair! Its like shes doing shoot for fashion magazine, except shes wearing hardware :D

I just hope the ROG Impact is not going to be overly expensive but considering all the features they incorporated I don't think I should keep my hopes up.

The impact looks amazing. Oh god... I need to resist upgrading, just for that motherboard.

I just hope the ROG Impact is not going to be overly expensive but considering all the features they incorporated I don't think I should keep my hopes up.
For sure its $200+ mobo, none of the ROG Haswell are below that, my guess is $250, but no one has anything remotly close, so might go higher.

For sure its $200+ mobo, none of the ROG Haswell are below that, my guess is $250, but no one has anything remotly close, so might go higher.
I am hoping for 250 credits tops. Anything above is verging on prohibitive for a motherboard in my opinion.

Back