Haswell graphics + SLI at the same time?

Ketzer

Weaksauce
I don't know if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything after searching around the Internet.

Does anyone know if there are any issues or limitations running the on-board Haswell graphics at the same time when you have SLI installed in the system? :confused:

I'm thinking I might actually have a use case to run three monitors in non-surround, with the center display being for games attached to the SLI'ed cards, and then smaller monitors on either side connected to the on-board Haswell graphics that I could use for putting other stuff up like Battlescreen in BF4, Teamspeak, Procon, browsers, etc., etc.

Just curious if anyone else has tried this and if it works OK in Windows without issues? I'm hoping/assuming Windows can handle and figure this arrangement out as long as proper drivers are installed and setup correctly, or? My main concern was if SLI would force you to run in a window for the side screens to work/not be blacked out, even though they aren't connected to the discrete vid cards..

Thanks.

I think I saw an option for this in my BIOS somewhere, but I could be wrong.
I have a Maximus VI Extreme.

As far as I know in windows vista and newer you can only have one video driver installed at a time.

I've run sli 680's for the the external view in FSX and used onboard graphics for the instrument panel on a separate monitor. ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 so for Sandy it's no problem.

Back