Haswell Cooler?

Yushatak

n00b
Joined
Mar 19, 2011
Messages
55
I have an H110 that totally screws my computer using voodoo magic, so I'm stuck with the stock cooler. If I play intensive games for too long (FarCry 3, for example) it starts overheating, and I don't feel comfortable playing with spikes into and just above 90degC.

I need a new cooler that won't kill my computer, so I need suggestions. I have an Intel DZ87KLT-75K motherboard, and due to my past experiences I don't want to use any cooler that hasn't been tested with this board.. >_>
 
WTF do you mean by voodoo magic. H110 should be fine for haswell. I'm using an H100i for an Asus Z87 board and it works perfectly fine.
 
U can never go wrong with a noctua nh-14 or a venomous X air cooler. Probably the best coolers u can get without going water.
 
Forgot to ask you what speeds and voltage are you running your cpu at? I mean to be honest the h110 should be more than enough to handle any lite/mild oc. If not sounds like u might have a defective cooler.
 
I think you will have better temps delidded with stock cooler then stock lid with aftermarker cooler. Just saying . anyone want to test my theory? =-D
 
I think you will have better temps delidded with stock cooler then stock lid with aftermarker cooler. Just saying . anyone want to test my theory? =-D

Ya but do you want to possibly ruin your cpu? Yes its suppose to be easy and not a problem if your careful but things do happen. Also delidding voids warrenty. Up to the op on what he/she wants to do.
 
You can check out a bunch of cooler reviews here. Personally, if you are having bad luck with a Corsair H110, I'd say go with an Air Tower Cooler. The Noctua NH-D14 is pretty universally praised as an extremely competent cooler, beating out many of the All In One's.
 
Back
Top