Has DS lite price been announced?

greenhorn1

Limp Gawd
Sorry I don't keep up on all the news in this area. My kids have just been talking about getting a nintendo DS and I know that the DS lite will be coming out relatively soon, I just don't know if it will be the same price or more and if I should tell them to wait for it.

I don't have definate answers for you, but I can tell you that you should see the DS Lite in NA around May, and most likely you'll see the current DS drop in price, and the new DS come in at the same price as the current model, either at its current price, or at its former launch price depending on how expensive it is to produce the units.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess $149 retail when it comes out... now i'm kinda glad I didnt buy my wife one for xmas :)

Thanks for the info. So at the very least it looks like if they wait they can either get a "better" model for the same price as current or get the current model cheaper than it is right now. probably worth waiting 2-3 months for.

greenhorn1 said:
Sorry I don't keep up on all the news in this area. My kids have just been talking about getting a nintendo DS and I know that the DS lite will be coming out relatively soon, I just don't know if it will be the same price or more and if I should tell them to wait for it.
No. The DS Lite has not been officially announced for North America or Europe. What that means is there is currently no set MSRP, but you can count on it going for around $145 USD once it becomes available.

I think it'll come in at first with a slighter higher price-point than current. I wouldn't be suprised (assuming the shortage applied to america as well) if shops upped the price further considering it's both a new model, and in stock.

I'll get one, but I'll need someone to make a nice comfy bulky grip thing to go around it.

It will be delayed in the US because of the large shortages in Japan. They've even halted the airing of DS lite commercials because the demand is so large and the supply is sold out.

UnlimitedMP said:
It will be delayed in the US because of the large shortages in Japan. They've even halted the airing of DS lite commercials because the demand is so large and the supply is sold out.

May 7th/9th isn't exactly a delay. They'll have their supplies built up by then for NA. Think of it this way... in Japan, demand for the DS is so high, that the original and the lite are completely sold out the second they hit shelves. Yet, stock in North America gets replenished weekly. It doesn't go as quickly here, but they do sell.

Thanks for the question OP. I was wondering the same thing. I just got a DS for my birthday, but I think I will return it and wait for the DS Lite.

2 DS lites ... 310$
2 New Secret of Manas ... 110$
1 Wireless internet connection 65$

Taking over the world of Mana with my little bro again... PRICELESS!!!!

May 7th you say? Sounds like I just may have to buy myself the most immature 21st birthday present ever.

The most recent EGM says that the DS Lite will come out at the price of 129$.

Isaacav2 said:
2 DS lites ... 310$
2 New Secret of Manas ... 110$
1 Wireless internet connection 65$

Taking over the world of Mana with my little bro again... PRICELESS!!!!

Sounds like a plan :).

Jawadali said:
Sounds like a plan :).

You won't regret it :) IMO thats what gaming is all about, bonding with family / friends to make memories that will last forever. I'm sooo psyked, I'm going to surprise my little bro and I'll feel like I'm in the 7th grade again :D

aznpxdd said:
The most recent EGM says that the DS Lite will come out at the price of 129$.

Certainly would be nice. And with the supposed confirmation that the M3 adapter works with the DS Lite, I suspect I'll be on board. It'd be enjoyable to play some Mario Kart with my fiancee over WiFi.

Back