Has Dr. Dre’s Drunken Boast Cost His Company $3.2 Billion?

I wonder how many on these boards saying Beats are crap, will be those that buy Apple products.

For those "GIT ERF MER LON" fogies...We get it, you don't like the genre he's in. But there is no denying he is the best at what he does.

If Apple back tracks for him opening his big mouth before money is in hand...that would be ironic. A rapper bragging and losing potential billions. I doubt that Apple will. They want that streaming service, and iBeats just fits.

This is probably some publicity stunt I would think he would know about keeping his mouth shut.

There's really nothing in the world he could possibly say now that's any worse than the shit he's been rapping about for decades.

Apple could just randomly pick any track of his and they will easily find something terribly offensive that could be used against him to kill the deal.

Apple likes to maintain the illusion its somekind of wellspring of what is new and hip in technology. By bringing attention to the deal, it becomes to common knowledge that Apple Acquired it. Apple probably would have preferred to absorb it as if it was theirs all along and have Dre become a figurehead that faded into the background quickly.

Uh...kay? Dr. Dre is an award-winning musician and music producer, so what would he know about headphones, amirite?

Judging from his product line, absolutely nothing. Overpriced garbage clad in modern plastic styling plus a sad and overblown "b" logo.

PS: "..musician" cracked me up. I think you mean hip hop artist.

This seems a bit racist...

People often celebrate such massive successes and openly and we never hear about it yet a former rapper turned producer has one curse filled celebration video on Youtube and suddenly Apple is worried about its "image"?

Dr Dre was a fucking rapper first Apple. Grow the fuck up. His shitty headphones are still worth something.

Wow what a bunch of jealous haters. Did Dre invent headphones? No. Did Steve Jobs invent cell phones, or code ios, or design the interface himself? Is the iPhone the best cell phone or do smart people like you know of better ones? Even so do you deny the man his vision or question his wealthiness? This thread stinks of racism. Dre is a successful business man. Deal with it. You don't have to like rap or use beats to accept that.

Uh...kay? Dr. Dre is an award-winning musician and music producer, so what would he know about headphones, amirite?

Have you ever LISTENED to a set of them? going by that, evidently he's doesn't know shit about good headphones.

Wow what a bunch of jealous haters. Did Dre invent headphones? No. Did Steve Jobs invent cell phones, or code ios, or design the interface himself? Is the iPhone the best cell phone or do smart people like you know of better ones? Even so do you deny the man his vision or question his wealthiness? This thread stinks of racism. Dre is a successful business man. Deal with it. You don't have to like rap or use beats to accept that.

Weeeee! gooo racism card for the win!

whatever.

he's rich. great.. he's an astute enough businessman to milk a shit product to clueless people for piles of money. and that's basically what everyone who's commented negatively about this deal is referring to.

go peddle your racism crap with jesse jackson and al sharpton.

whatever.

he's rich. great.. he's an astute enough businessman to milk a shit product to clueless people for piles of money. and that's basically what everyone who's commented negatively about this deal is referring to.

Give me a break. If you can't see the racism in this thread you're the one with the problem.

Give me a break. If you can't see the racism in this thread you're the one with the problem.

Break it down for me. whats Racist about having a problem someone selling overpriced headphones. or with Apple making a horrible business decision.

really, I want to know! use a bit of logic, and present a valid argument. instead of trying to trump opinions on this thread with "Black man does good, white boys don't like it, Racists!" bullshit.

So many white IT professionals in this thread. We get it, you don't like rap.

Yeah let's praise CoDs and $50 HDMI cables as well, since somehow overmarketed PoS is the best thing we got, and you are a racist if you hate them.

Dr Dre is more pop now than hip hop. Just like Kanye and Jay Z. These guys (along with most current pop stars) are very fortunate the masses now accept subpar music. But what do they care. They are raking in the money with what they do no matter how shitty it is compared to what they started their careers with.

whatever.

Nahh, people here would say the same derogatory things about audio quality if Apple were looking to buy Bose.
Apple/Bose does seem like a match made in overpriced/under performing heaven...

If you don't like it you are racist. OK, got it, thanks for letting us know.:rolleyes:

Beats headphones are crap, they are crap regardless of Dr. Dre's race, accomplishments as a rapper or producer or publisher. However, I think it is a great move for Apple. Beats streaming does have a few entertainers that iTunes does not. =Even if it the phones and entertainers are all shit, that shit is selling.

If you don't like it you are racist. OK, got it, thanks for letting us know.:rolleyes:

Beats headphones are crap, they are crap regardless of Dr. Dre's race, accomplishments as a rapper or producer or publisher. Assigning the disparaging remarks to racism is silly. However, I think this is a great move for Apple. Beats streaming does have a few entertainers that iTunes does not. Even if the head phones and entertainers are all shit, that shit is selling.

I'm all for this deal, means retail stores will have to move all their Beats gear to the Apple section. :D

Might clear some shelf-space for legitimately good headphones from Sennheiser or Grado...

Smart move by Apple. They know ghetto people love shiny Apple products.

Back