Has anyone played this game

locutus24

[H]ard|Gawd
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_(video_game)
I can not find much info on this, going against judging by its cover it looks to be pretty sweet how the story is done sounds pretty interesting also. Has anyone played this and if so how is it cause I am in the market for some new comp games (preferably fps, since I just spent 1.5yrs with a single MMO :( )

I think I played a demo. It wasn't very good. The level of polish was very low but the story was supposed to be alright. Just check some reviews. Search for Indigo Prophecy.

i've never even heard of it before, but the pic of the box the guy looks like max payne almost (from the 1st game, not the 2nd middle aged max payne :rolleyes: )

FYI- this game is called Indigo Prophecy in the USA

It had a great story, I loved it :)

Although it wasn't much gameplay-wise, the story was top-notch (albeit a bit over-the-top at times), and was extremely cinematic.
I loved it.

Indigo Prophecy is a good game, but I definitely think you need a gamepad to enjoy it. Most definitely not an FPS. It's an adventure game.

If you want some good FPSs:
COD 2
HL2 and episode 1
Quake 4
Prey
Dark Messiah (if you don't have any issues with the bugs)
probably a few more, as I can't recall anything I've played recently.

Fahrenheit is great. I cant wait for there next game Heavy Rain.

played it and beat it.... it was good wasnt much a game as an interactive movie...

if you want a fps look elsewhere and dont pay more than 20 for this one.

also if you get the computer version i herd it has some flaws with the control scheme.

the us version is missing some M rated scenes that the EU version has i dont know if it makes a diffrence to you though.

i thought the story was kinda ok, but i HATED.. wait, let me say that again.. HATED, the dumb "simon" type games they made you play during action sequences.. I did not find it fun and was the reason why I never finished the game :(

yeah I played it, it was fun. Pretty much an old-school adventure game (think king's quest)

I loved it (played the european version, the US version is censored btw).

It's from the guys who made Omikron: the nomad soul. As others said, it's an adventure game, heavily focused on the story. The neat thing is that it can play out in many different ways (think of those books where you chould choose to do this or that, etc). So you can replay it and do things differently, etc to get different things within the storyline.

You basically control three people throughout the game (the main character and two cops chasing him). At various parts in tihe game you can choose which character to see that part of the storyline through and such.

The "simon-like" action sequenes do get a bit tedious/take a bit to get used to, but it's well worth it imo for the storyline and such.

Got it, its a good game, but get a game pad!

Get the directors cut though, it has boobies! :D

everyone ive talked to that played it rated it high and kind of an artistic PC game.

Sounds like a good game may have to go get this (directors cut hopefully) and prey :)

So it's a console port with poorly done controls, heavily censored, and with really lame action sequences. Doesn't really sound too appealing.

I bought it since it's so cheap now, so it was worth the low price.

However, while it starts off really good, the ending of the game is just plain awful. You'll understand when you see it. It took an awesome game down to being merely a decent game.

I actually liked the simon-like games, but it's easy to see how it could piss off other people.

I bought it since it's so cheap now, so it was worth the low price.

However, while it starts off really good, the ending of the game is just plain awful. You'll understand when you see it. It took an awesome game down to being merely a decent game.

I actually liked the simon-like games, but it's easy to see how it could piss off other people.

Aren't there many different endings?

Define "Edited"

Like, graphic scenes important to fleshing out the plot but removed for "sensitive" read: conservative, american audiences? Or, they cut out some titties to avoid an AO rating?

How much was really removed? I was intrigued by the game when it came out due to people saying it was interesting, but I'm also further intrigued by their being aspects of the game that seemingly required censoring.

Back