• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Has anyone noticed here at [H]?

Calavaro

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
8,752
Have you noticed the ramping going on in the teams ranked # 6 through 9? Some nice competition going on there. As everyone knows, the teams there are capable of bringing some very nice power to any DC project out there. Yes there is still a reasonable gap in weekly production, but that could close up fairly fast.
One recalls the G@H battle of old.

(if anyone wonders, I'm monitoring the stats as the stats addict I am, although I fold for no team nor name at the moment with my ~500Ghz I have accumulated over the years)
 
I really hadn't thought to look, but now that you mention it I will be watching


The [H]orde needs You!

(what would it take to bring your machines over to our team? We need all we can get to knock OA off the top.)
 
It could be fun watching the developments... I know I'll enjoy it :)

(If you look closely, I used to fold and genome for [H] back in the day, but as it is now I am not)
 
yes. will you know it? those who know, know. Those who doesn't, don't. Others will either know or not depending on knowledge.
 
continued development and competition helps us all, even if they are not on our team. The more development the more progress on FaH wether or not it benefits our team

enough said. Kinda like how I had reasons to stop doing RC5-64 for the [H], those reasons have kept me from FaH for 3 years now. The reasons have never changed for me, I just changed my mind for the time being.




The [H]orde needs You!
 
That's the fun part, things are always close in all brackets.

PS.

FOLD FOR TEAM 33

:) j/k
 
Stats seems useless to me. If the points were a constant then it could be usefull but the points for every WU are different so how can it predict the future? I just look at the current totals and not the future or the overtake which tells me 1 day overtake and the next day not possible.
 
ah, i remember calavaro...he was cool till he stop folding for [h]


I kid, I kid
 
Sparky said:
Stats seems useless to me. If the points were a constant then it could be usefull but the points for every WU are different so how can it predict the future? I just look at the current totals and not the future or the overtake which tells me 1 day overtake and the next day not possible.

You predict future output by getting your average output for a period of time and then extrapolate from that. Pretty simple really. Doesn't matter wha tthe wu's are worth by doing it that way. Statistics not just for counting cards anymore
;)
 
marty9876 said:
That's the fun part, things are always close in all brackets.

PS.

FOLD FOR TEAM 33

:) j/k


Fixed it for you ;) :D


No, I fixed it for you - DR
 
At Least DR_K is doing something good with his mighty mod power besides deleting all my posts/threads.....

:D
 
mtb856 said:
Fixed it for you ;) :D


No, I fixed it for you - DR

Coolest. Mod. Ever. Let's hear it for the good DR!


 
At Least DR_K is doing something good with his mighty mod power besides deleting all my posts/threads.....

:D
 
Remember when he would post all the time...now hes lurking...and you never know when or where he will strike! :D


Thanks xENo!!!
 
DR, delete the second marty post above, it's a double post.

Mwahaha. One more post down. ;)
 
unhappy_mage said:
DR, delete the second marty post above, it's a double post.

Mwahaha. One more post down. ;)

Actually, triple post. ;) It's like he was posting it once every six minutes?!?

 
sorry about those posts, on a borrowed wireless connection and things only working so well....
 
don't fold for the [H]orde is ur own reason....

but u could always fold for me some.... i not talking all of them... just 1 ghz here or there... ever lil bit helps :)


 
I'm actually a member of the ocforums: VBcard

I just joined [H] and OCAU to read some new articles and snoop around a little....... I post over here in the overclocking area occasionally, but that's about it. I'm more of an ocforums, xtremesystems kinda guy :D
 
Cal was a pretty active and respected member back in the day. Sure would be nice if he came back. Hint, Hint. ;)
 
Ahhh my poor eyes... what's with the unreadable colors everywhere? It's unreadable...

Anyways, cal, if you'd like to help us out passing those aussies, it'd be appreciated. However, it's not really about us or the aussies being in first place, it's about finding a cure. Your gHz will be appreciated even if you fold for those roos.
 
Calavaro Calavaro shhhh I tell you and this coming from a guy with @ in #distributed

Just focus on the team in 1st, the others are just wannabies
 
nedlihw said:
Calavaro Calavaro shhhh I tell you and this coming from a guy with @ in #distributed

Just focus on the team in 1st, the others are just wannabies

#distributed
+ +

:p
 
rogue_jedi said:
tsk tsk... nice job hiding it, though. i'll have to remember that one.

Lol, yeah........ we had whole threads with hidden type for a while over at the ocforums..... all the newbs would post in and ask why no one was saying anything :D
 
Calavaro said:
yes. will you know it? those who know, know. Those who doesn't, don't. Others will either know or not depending on knowledge.

Do you have sex only to have children? :p To me the most important thing is folding for humanity, the team thing however is the FUN part. Any team. Maybe I have self-confidence issues and have to be part of a crowd. :( :D
 
rayman2k2 said:
ah, i remember calavaro...he was cool till he stop folding for [h]


I kid, I kid
I remember you too, you were never cool.

I kid, I kid.

pageian said:
Cal was a pretty active and respected member back in the day. Sure would be nice if he came back. Hint, Hint. ;)
I was respected? lol.
Active, yes. Causing a shitstorm on occasion? yup.

nedlihw said:
Calavaro Calavaro shhhh I tell you and this coming from a guy with @ in #distributed

Just focus on the team in 1st, the others are just wannabies
Team? I need no stinking team... at least no wannabe team like...<>

OldPueblo said:
Do you have sex only to have children? :p To me the most important thing is folding for humanity, the team thing however is the FUN part. Any team. Maybe I have self-confidence issues and have to be part of a crowd. :( :D
Where is the real relevance? True that the team part got me started on this, but evolution sometimes goes other ways.
 
Maybe it's just me, but a lot of the bad stuff that's gone on around here in the past has vanished from my memory. As far as I can remember, we've never had any infighting or differences of opinion on this forum. I'm glad that this forum always has been and always will be one big happy family!
 
Mattman said:
Maybe it's just me, but a lot of the bad stuff that's gone on around here in the past has vanished from my memory. As far as I can remember, we've never had any infighting or differences of opinion on this forum. I'm glad that this forum always has been and always will be one big happy family!

Does this mean its time for a group hug?


 
I was new when Cal left, but I seem to remember some bad blood. I don't know whose part it was on. I don't really care. Fold or don't, your choice, but don't come in and wave half a THz around like a giant **** in our faces, that's just rude.
 
Mattman said:
Maybe it's just me, but a lot of the bad stuff that's gone on around here in the past has vanished from my memory. As far as I can remember, we've never had any infighting or differences of opinion on this forum. I'm glad that this forum always has been and always will be one big happy family!

The DC forum area most deffiently has a different aura then say...the car forums.
I'm glad to be a part.

 
Calavaro said:
I was respected? lol.
Active, yes. Causing a shitstorm on occasion? yup.

Nothing wrong with a little contraversey as long as it's handled in a mature fashion. I think we can respect people and not agree with their views as well. I remember you doing a lot of work on a guantlet we had once with ocau I think. When's the last time we did something like that?
 
mwarps said:
I was new when Cal left, but I seem to remember some bad blood. I don't know whose part it was on. I don't really care. Fold or don't, your choice, but don't come in and wave half a THz around like a giant **** in our faces, that's just rude.
Woa there horsey, the point of my post was the ramping going on below you guys. It's easy to lose track of the team BELOW you when you are looking at that behemout above you. I didn't wave anything around, so take that **** and stuff it ;)

pageian said:
Nothing wrong with a little contraversey as long as it's handled in a mature fashion. I think we can respect people and not agree with their views as well. I remember you doing a lot of work on a guantlet we had once with ocau I think. When's the last time we did something like that?
It involved a lot of ARS people, some OCAU and some others. It was fun, but I haven't seen any of that lately here, at ARS nor OCAU. Maybe it's time to whip something up? I mean with ARS, Rage3D, Techreport, 2CPU and SAGoons all ramping it could be fun with some user vs. user and some team vs. team gauntlet. Add Overclockers.com and OCAU and we all could be in for a nice little fight.
 
Back
Top