Has anyone had ghosting/problems gaming on a laptop?

I was wondering if anyone has had ghosting or blurring problems (or anything like that) with laptop lcds.I have never heard or seen any issues when using laptop lcds and I was wondering why can't desktop lcds be like that. This also applies to lcd tvs. I have never heard I can't play this game on my laptop because of too much ghosting or I can't watch movies because of twinkling effects or horrible color representation. I thought laptop and Lcd tvs play games and movies perfectly. Please enlighten me if I am wrong. I talked to a samsung rep. and he said all Lcds have these problems and laptop and tv lcds were just better quality ones. I frankly don't see the point in buying a lcd tv if I can't watch movies on them that is the whole point of buying a nice tv. Even if they were more expensive I would rather pay the money for a fully functional lcd than the current desktop lcds where u can't play movies or games. Plus then I could track when the prices did drop down to be reasonable enough to buy.

Laptop LCDs have the same blurring problems too. You probably don't hear much about it because not many people use laptops for gaming. LCD TVs usually have a fast enough response time to not blur in movies but they aren't any faster than current fast desktop LCDs.

The technology is improving. Not all LCDs have terrible ghosting and poor colors anymore. Newer desktop LCDs blur very little and you can play games and watch movies on them without much problems.

Back