• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Has anyone experienced this?

Why are you having second thoughts?

It said stock cooling was fine. If your going to water cool it, just simply add an extra thermal pad as mentioned.

Nothing to worry about lol. :eek:
 
Why are you having second thoughts?

It said stock cooling was fine. If your going to water cool it, just simply add an extra thermal pad as mentioned.

Nothing to worry about lol. :eek:

I agree . Having an XFX brand also should ease your mind a bit.
 
Why are you having second thoughts?

It said stock cooling was fine. If your going to water cool it, just simply add an extra thermal pad as mentioned.

Nothing to worry about lol. :eek:

You should read farther in to the post you'll find that adding more pads didn't help. Stock cooling limits your overclock and the card runs fairly hot with the stock cooler + I haven't not water cooled a video card since the 6800 ultra and to not wc this card seems like a step backwards. :(
 
You should read farther in to the post you'll find that adding more pads didn't help. Stock cooling limits your overclock and the card runs fairly hot with the stock cooler + I haven't not water cooled a video card since the 6800 ultra and to not wc this card seems like a step backwards. :(

Well I didn't had issues with my XFX card using the EKWB FC-HD5970

Do you already have the water block? If that blocked worked, then get that block. ;)
 
I ordered my HD5850 on Wednesday got it Friday, of last week. Go Newegg shipping lol.

Why do you ask?

EDIT: Also wanted to add, I would call up Swiftech, EK, or whoever and ask them about this issue before you buy the card. ;)
 
I ordered my HD5850 on Wednesday got it Friday, of last week. Go Newegg shipping lol.

Why do you ask?

EDIT: Also wanted to add, I would call up Swiftech, EK, or whoever and ask them about this issue before you buy the card. ;)

There's no way to call EK there in Germany I will try swiftech though. My bad I miss read your first post. Thought you were saying you didn't have a problem with your card :D. Ordered my card form newegg also.:) BTW Here's a link I found in the ATI forums http://forums.amd.com/game/messagevi...hreadid=130657. I've never herd of flashing BIOS on video card before I read this. I wouldn't even know how to go about doing this.:confused: maybe it'll help someone.
 
Yea I forgot about the Germany part lol. I would suggest at least sending an email then. :)

Also, check your other thread. ;)
 
You could probably make it for a USB drive as well. Not sure on this thought, I haven't done this myself. Hopefully I don't ever have to. :p
 
Man... I don't even own a flop drive. LOL they still make those things.:eek:


if your motherboard bios allows removable device boot up you dont need a floppy drive.. you can put the files on a flash drive/thumb drive.. if your bios doesnt.. you can convert the flash drive/thumb drive into a floppy drive device.. little more involved but theres a few how to's and software needed to do it on the web..
 
Back
Top