menace2society
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Aug 2, 2006
- Messages
- 231
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=241616&highlight=5970+cold+bug. I just ordered a xfx 5970 black edition and now I'm really having second thoughts 
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Why are you having second thoughts?
It said stock cooling was fine. If your going to water cool it, just simply add an extra thermal pad as mentioned.
Nothing to worry about lol.![]()
Why are you having second thoughts?
It said stock cooling was fine. If your going to water cool it, just simply add an extra thermal pad as mentioned.
Nothing to worry about lol.![]()
You should read farther in to the post you'll find that adding more pads didn't help. Stock cooling limits your overclock and the card runs fairly hot with the stock cooler + I haven't not water cooled a video card since the 6800 ultra and to not wc this card seems like a step backwards.![]()
Well I didn't had issues with my XFX card using the EKWB FC-HD5970
Have not bought a block yet. Was thinking about the EK block or the swifttech block http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...oduct_info&cPath=59_240_582&products_id=27372 but now I worried weather I'll be able to wc the card at all. May I ask you how long ago did you buy your card?Do you already have the water block? If that blocked worked, then get that block.![]()
I ordered my HD5850 on Wednesday got it Friday, of last week. Go Newegg shipping lol.
Why do you ask?
EDIT: Also wanted to add, I would call up Swiftech, EK, or whoever and ask them about this issue before you buy the card.![]()
Yea I forgot about the Germany part lol. I would suggest at least sending an email then.![]()
Also, check your other thread.![]()
You could probably make it for a USB drive as well. Not sure on this thought, I haven't done this myself. Hopefully I don't ever have to.![]()
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=241616&highlight=5970+cold+bug. I just ordered a xfx 5970 black edition and now I'm really having second thoughts![]()
Man... I don't even own a flop drive. LOL they still make those things.![]()