Has anyone exchange 1155 Socket M/B at Microcenter?

kwatch

Weaksauce
Has anyone exchanged 1155 Socket M/B at Microcenter? They said M/B will be avaiable on 3/3.

Last edited:
Haven't seen anything except they announced that they would have a few for sale by 3/21. I'm currently using the Asus advance RMA system but I just found out the advance part is you give it to Fedex and when it shows in transit they ship your replacement. I guess our cc info isn't enough for Asus.

I'm currently using the Asus advance RMA system but I just found out the advance part is you give it to Fedex and when it shows in transit they ship your replacement. I guess our cc info isn't enough for Asus.

What?! That's not the impression I got. I thought the instructions said I would receive a FedEX label with the new board. If you are correct than I will opt to swap at Micro Center.
Can you please confirm where you're getting this info?

Haven't seen anything except they announced that they would have a few for sale by 3/21. I'm currently using the Asus advance RMA system but I just found out the advance part is you give it to Fedex and when it shows in transit they ship your replacement. I guess our cc info isn't enough for Asus.

Here is a qoute from the Asus RMA FAQ
http://service.asus.com/notice/FAQ.aspx

How can I resolve this issue?
ASUS is committed to delivering the best-quality products along with outstanding customer service for our valued customers. We are providing several options to resolve this issue for our North American customers:

Free product replacement

US and Canadian Customers: If you would like to have ASUS resolve this issue, free replacement service and 2-way standard shipping will be provided by ASUS. An equivalent/new product will be provided to the customer as part of this program and warranty renewal at the time of replacement*.

To return your affected product(s) for replacement please follow the steps here.

Three different return options will be offered upon the issuance and approval of the RMA as part of this return program.

ASUS will provide a cross-ship option that offers the customer the least amount of system downtime. Upon the receipt of a valid credit card number and approval, a temporary charge hold will be placed against the customer’s credit card for the MSRP value of the replacement product. The replacement product will be shipped to the customer and a prepaid label for return of the existing product will be provided. Upon return of the defective product and verification against the RMA, the temporary charge hold on the customer’s credit card will be lifted.

ASUS will provide an advanced tracking option that expedites the delivery of the replacement product compared to our standard return process. A prepaid label for return of the existing product will be provided by ASUS. A valid credit card number is required for this process. Upon notification that the defective product is marked as “In-Transit” at the carrier, ASUS will ship the replacement product to the customer. If the returned product does not match the RMA, a temporary charge hold will be placed against the customer’s credit card for the MSRP value of the product until resolution of the RMA, at which time the hold will be removed or the credit card charged for the MSRP value of the product.

ASUS will provide a standard shipping option. A prepaid label for return of the existing product will be provided by ASUS. Upon return of the product to ASUS and after verification of the product against the RMA, a replacement product will be shipped to the customer.

Here is a qoute from the Asus RMA FAQ
http://service.asus.com/notice/FAQ.aspx

Your looking at the wrong part. The advance rma is the section above where you highlighted
:
1.ASUS will provide a cross-ship option that offers the customer the least amount of system downtime. Upon the receipt of a valid credit card number and approval, a temporary charge hold will be placed against the customer’s credit card for the MSRP value of the replacement product. The replacement product will be shipped to the customer and a prepaid label for return of the existing product will be provided. Upon return of the defective product and verification against the RMA, the temporary charge hold on the customer’s credit card will be lifted.

i picked up a asus micro atx board yesterday at microcenter. he said the truck just came in an hour ago. this is in houston texas. i dont know what other boards came in though. this is the b3 stepping mbs by the way

Your looking at the wrong part. The advance rma is the section above where you highlighted
:

Sorry I was not clear on this, but if you look at the 3 options listed they are:
1. ASUS will provide a cross-ship option
2. ASUS will provide an advanced tracking option
3. ASUS will provide a standard shipping option
So he wanted the advanced option (thinking cross ship) but to them it's advanced tracking.

i picked up a asus micro atx board yesterday at microcenter. he said the truck just came in an hour ago. this is in houston texas. i dont know what other boards came in though. this is the b3 stepping mbs by the way

Did you pick up ASUS P8H67-M LE LGA 1155 H67 mATX?

Microcenter at Beltway Plaza in Maryland has a couple P8P67 Pro B3's. I bought one today. They are not on the web site and it's full retail $229. I happily bought it ! They have one H67-M and thats it.

Microcenter at Beltway Plaza in Maryland has a couple P8P67 Pro B3's. I bought one today. They are not on the web site and it's full retail $229. I happily bought it ! They have one H67-M and thats it.

Man, did they fool me, making me thinking it has to be on their website before they show up in stores. I might just go there Saturday and check to see if they have a Pro or Deluxe in the store.

Yes thats what I thought 'till I finally got someone on the phone to verify what they had. Also they may have more selection Saturday as they always get a truck in on Fridays.

Yes thats what I thought 'till I finally got someone on the phone to verify what they had. Also they may have more selection Saturday as they always get a truck in on Fridays.

Do MC at all locations get a truck in on Friday or is it only at your location? My location is the Saint Louis Park, MN.

I went to Tustin store in CA today. They only had 4 ASUS P8H67-M LE LGA 1155 H67 mATX.

My local Micro Center does not have any Sandy Bridge motherboard in stock. Do you think I can get a refund from them? If so, I like to buy MSI P67A-GD65 from Newegg. If not, I'll go through the ASUS replacement route. I don't want to keep on checking their stock on line. I just want to get it over with.

Last edited:
Go the Asus RMA route- took a whole 3 days for me. Sent my CC authorization in- next day mb was shipped standard overnight.

Starting to lean the Asus route as well. Micro Center in Cambridge still hasn't received any boards that I know of. When their site showed one in stock this morning, I bought it right away, and then got a cancellation email a couple hours later.

I figured it was going to be easier with a local store, but I'm envious of all the people who RMA'd with Asus.

So... has anyone tried an exchange at microcenter already? I haven't gone the RMA route and I've been procastinating it since my current MB is as stable as I need it to be (no cold boots, double boots or anything like that so no complaints at all). I'm actually more afraid a replacement board will have quirks that I don't have now. I did get the survey e-mail from Microcenter about which option I would like and I picked waiting til May and getting an additional store credit.

And am I the only one who hasn't moved to B3 yet?

I haven't swapped mine out yet either because we haven't had any of the deluxe in stock at the Marietta Microcenter. They are supposed to get some in tomorrow on the truck shipment
Posted via Mobile Device

So... has anyone tried an exchange at microcenter already? I haven't gone the RMA route and I've been procastinating it since my current MB is as stable as I need it to be (no cold boots, double boots or anything like that so no complaints at all). I'm actually more afraid a replacement board will have quirks that I don't have now. I did get the survey e-mail from Microcenter about which option I would like and I picked waiting til May and getting an additional store credit.

And am I the only one who hasn't moved to B3 yet?

Same status here . . .

I don't mean to double post, but since this discussion pertains to MC I thought I'd post this here too:

Figures. I finally got my Asus RMA number and Fedex shipping info last night for a Standard RMA of my Pro board. Been waiting 15 days for it. Boxed it up and dropped it off at Fedex. Come home and check out specials at MC where I bought it and...5 Pro boards in stock. I think Asus tied the Fedex tracking number of my board to flag MC that they can finally post their Pro inventory...

Back