Has anyone ever RMA'd a monitor through Westinghouse?

lamb110

Gawd
I bought a L2610NW Westinghouse monitor through Best Buy. I've had nothing but trouble with it. First it would display "Out of Range" if you tried to go to its native res of 1920x1200.

Finally after messing with a bunch of settings Its working but not at the full 60hz refresh. I had to make a custom resolution with a lower refresh for it to display correctly.

Now there is some really bad "banding" I think it is called. In general it looks like crap, and I am sick of having to deal with it. I called up their tech support and I guess they have this deal where if you bought the monitor through Best Buy, they will contact Best Buy and allow you to return it through the store instead of having to send it in to them.

They said Best Buy has 3 options, but it is up the individual Best Buy where you bought it from to decide what to do:
1. Best Buy themselves can send it in for repair
2. They can allow an exchange
3. They can give store credit

Honestly I am so sick of this monitor, Its been pissing me off with all its little problems and it really makes me wish I had stuck with the more expensive Samsung I had before this current Westinghouse. What is the likelihood they will give me store credit so I can switch back to a Samsung?

I got my confirmation code today and took the Westinghouse into Best Buy. I am now using my new Samsung T240. It's working flawlessly and looks so much better than the Westinghouse.

Even though the Westinghouse was a POS, atleast their customer service was top notch, and really easy to deal with. Its nice being able to take a product into a Best Buy and getting my money back without having to send the monitor itself in for repair.

Back