Has anybody heard about a new stepping for the e8400?

inbox899

n00b
Has anybody heard anything about a new e8400 stepping? I'm currently in limbo on my new system until Intel releases a stepping beyond C0 and I can't seem to find any good information on a new stepping release. Much of the speculation seems to figure on some time this month, but nothing definite. Since there is so little availability right now (at least at newegg), a situation that has persisted for a month or more since people have been posting core temp issues (or thermometer issues, more likely), I am inclined to believe a new stepping is right around the corner. Any good information or informed speculation would be welcome here.

My mostly ordered, unbuilt system (Corsair 620hx, Gskill 4gb ddr2-800, Antec Solo case, Logitech z-5500 speakers (way stupid big, but I got them ($399 list) for $159 w/free shipping - to good to pass up), fresh XP home install, EVGA 8800gts 512 ($199! yesterday (look at fatwallet.com, if you're interested), another stupid good deal - I was trying to wait for the 9800gt or gtx, but I couldn't pass up that deal either), Creative X-Fi fatality extreme gamer sound card (the reason I could't pass up the z-5500's), AC Freezer 7 Pro, Arctic Silver 5, and the new WD 640 gb two platter hard drive (supposed to be fast). BTW, this is my first build, so thanks for listening to me brag. I know it's unattractive, but I could't help myself.

Anyhoo, back to the question at hand, I have picked out a P35 Gigabyte motherboard, but I am waithing for the new stepping e8400 to show up before I order. These are the last two pieces of my puzzle, hence the request for good info on the new stepping's release.

Back