Harmony One vs 1000

Zefram0911

[H]ard|Gawd
I looked over all the threads in this second of the forums and haven't really found any comparisons between the Harmony One and 1000. Can you guys help me out?

I'm trying to decide between these two remotes because my wife hates to handle seven remotes and feels like she's trying to input launch codes for nuclear warheads. Here's my equipment:

Panasonic 50'' 600U
Yahama VX661 receiver
Comcast HD DVR
PS3
Toshiba A3 HD DVD
Philips XXXXX model upscale dvd player.

It's modest compared to many people here. Can someone gives me a list of pros and cons for both remotes... or even suggest a remote I haven't thought of? I'd like to keep it under $500... I know I can get either One or 1000 for less than $250 on ebay.. brand new.

Thanks guys!

I don't have either of the remotes in question, but I DO have a Harmony 676 and it is an absolute breeze to use and to set up. Logitech's online database had every piece of my AV equipment listed, and for the few commands it didn't know, the IR learning feature solved that problem. I was a bit skeptical, but it controls our:

Samsung LCD TV
Dish Network HD DVR
Onkyo A/V receiver
stand alone DVD player
XBox 360 w/ HD-DVD player
and soon my new HTPC

I can't say enough about Harmony remotes. The task based one button approach is spot on, and in the event it misses turning something on/off or to the right input, the context based help menus are easy to follow and solve the problem.

Not to mention the WAF (wife acceptance factor) was very high and there was almost no learning curve coming from a standard Dish Network remote - she LOVES that remote.

Yeah.. I was on the AVS Forums and HT Guys asking about the remotes... and it seems that the One wins. Ordered it one Amazon today and should get it by Monday.

Back