Harmony One, Harmony Touch, Harmony 1100 for htpc

Brando457

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking to purchase a universal remote, settled on the 3 choices: Harmony One, Touch, or 1100.

It appears the Touch has lag issues and some bugs, but is the updated version of the Harmony One.

I can purchase the Harmony One and Harmony 1100 used for the same price as the Harmony Touch.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm leaning towards buying the Harmony One used since its $400 brand new.

Thanks

I was using a Harmony One and upgrades to the Harmony 1100. Only plus in my opinion was the RF module which I paired with rf receiver so I would not need line of sight for the components. I thought I would dig the tablet like nature of it but I miss being able to one hand the One (I know thats what she said). If you are interested in a used Harmony 1100 let me know. I have everything it came with even a dead spare so can use for parts should you ever break the working one. I have been meaning to switch back to my One but have been dragging my feet. Functionally the 1100 works great I just am more of a one handed remote wielder.

nice joke!

My components are directly in line of sight so that wouldn't be an issue. The Harmony One seems to be the best of the best, but is an older model compared to the 1100.

I'm trying to simplify things as much as possible so if my mother comes she can simply hit a button and go.

PM sent on the 1100 though.

I've got a couple harmony ones (bought refurbed for a great price)...love them! Excellent remote and would definitely but it again.

I've got a couple harmony ones (bought refurbed for a great price)...love them! Excellent remote and would definitely but it again.

Same story here. Have used a few in the past and somewhat recently purchased two refurbished Harmony One remotes from Ebay. Just make sure to get the SquareTrade warranty - I've had a few issues with the buttons on Logitech remotes sticking or not working in the past. In my case, the warranty ended up paying off.

Back