• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hardware stupidity...

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
6,562
I go to a college in south Houston called Westwood college. Now, let me explain what happened:

I walked into one of the smaller computer labs here to check on some borgs and overheard this kid talking about how ATI and AMD are the same company. I was somewhat shocked at how moronic the first statement I heard was.

He proceeded to tell these people in the room that if you get an AMD processor, they should buy the AMD video processor (ATI). I then asked him what type of PC hes got and he said:

*insert long pause while thinking*
2.1 terabytes of hard drive space
*insert long pause here*
AMD 64 dualcore 3ghz processor
*insert another long pause*
4 gigs of ram

And then he stopped talking and continued to talk to the other people.

First off, anyone who is a complete dork and/or passionate about computer hardware like this guy claims to be would have said every model number of everything in their system. I personally can spout off the specs of my system with ease. I know everything in my system down to each wire and piece of velcro used to hold the LEDs.

Secondly, anyone with an overclock such as a 3ghz wouldve wanted to boast about their cooling. Be it insane air cooling or a good watercooling setup, they would mention it.

Im just in awe at how rediculous some people can be, and I wanted to shove a chair up his cologne and make him look like an idiot in front of the people he was attempting to impress.


:eek:
 
Tengis said:
I go to a college in south Houston called Westwood college.
That was your first mistake. :p









Seriously though, some people just don't know what their talking about. Just ignore them.
 
Yeah, I've found it is really not worth trying to convince stupid people that they're stupid. They're too stupid.
 
B. W. said:
That was your first mistake. :p

Free college is not a mistake... :D


My Dad works here so I dont have tuition.
 
In reality, he's probably got a 400A Celeron, 256MB PC100, and a 5GB HDD. :D
 
movax said:
In reality, he's probably got a 400A Celeron, 256MB PC100, and a 5GB HDD. :D
Wow.. I actually laughed at that.

Maybe I do need a life after all.. :(
 
B. W. said:
Wow.. I actually laughed at that.

Maybe I do need a life after all.. :(

haha :D

Also, this kid wears Geeksquad shirts that he bought from the thift store because apparently they make him a REAL geek when he wears them.
 
That's not as bad as my elementary school librarian...

I remember back in 5th grade she was complaining about how you couldn't read anything off of the TVs hooked up to the computers in the library. I tried to tell her that the 1024x768 resolution was crapping out the TV (not my exact words), and that she sould set it to 640x480, and she told me, "Yeah, I don't think there is such thing as a resolution."

Ugh! And this was the same lady who ran the school's website. Ridiculous. Oh well. That was 7 years ago. I guess the deal here is that there are lots of stupid people who like to think they know a good deal, and have enough knowledge to be able to fake it in front of others but not the people who actually know their stuff...
 
Tengis said:
IIm just in awe at how rediculous some people can be, and I wanted to shove a chair up his cologne

You wanted to insert a chair into his aftershave? or did u want it sent to Germany.... ;)

People always make stupid boasts to impress, why didn't you just prove what an idiot he was in front of his mates thats the worst thing for people like that. :D
 
Or a TRS-80. Nothing like gaming with graphic pixels 1/8" square and any color you like, as long as it's white.

:)

-Larry

movax said:
In reality, he's probably got a 400A Celeron, 256MB PC100, and a 5GB HDD. :D
 
TechLarry said:
Or a TRS-80. Nothing like gaming with graphic pixels 1/8" square and any color you like, as long as it's white.

Actually, there were several color upgrade kits. Mikrokolor made a 16k color graphics upgrade for the Model 1. Check the old 80-Micro issues online (available in PDF, can't remember where) in the May 1983 issue. There was also an upgrade for the Model 3 that would double your CPU speed, add 128k and give 16 color graphics. I can't remember the name of it offhand, though.
 
Back
Top