• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Hardware problems causing hard drive issues

Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
37
Working on my sister's computer, and I had to replace a hard drive that was taken over by bad sectors at the end of last year. Well today she brings by her computer and a new Seagate drive that I put in now has 7 bad sectors. I am starting to think that there is a problem with something else in the system.

Where should I start?

Here are the specs

AMD Athlon 64 2800+
Epox socket 754
Ultra 512mb
nVidia 5700LE 128mb
Seagate HDD
Sony DVD+RW
Sony DVD
Raidmax 420W (13A@+12v)
 
I don't think that bad sectors are going to be caused by any other hardware. Possibly a virus though? If you format the HDD w/ a fresh install, then run a disc checker, do you still have bad sectors? I'd try that myself.
 
Back
Top