Hardware issue?

i was playing world of warcraft a few days ago when in game it started to get choppy, and started to pause frequently. i thought the cpu was overheating so i shut down the pc for a while, when i powered back on, i couldnt boot into desktop and couldnt get in through safe mode either.
"failed to load several win/system32/drivers"

i formatted and got into desktop, installed mobo drivers, graphics drivers e.t.c windows updates, anti virus. i reinstalled World of warcraft, but now im getting the same pauses, and the pc is making a seeking noise (buzzing) whenever i open menus and lags/pauses for a while. im also getting low frames per second and artifacts in game.

3.2ghz northwood
2 X 74gb raptors in raid 0
9800xt
abit ic7-max 3
1gb 3200

after the format, it said raid 0 failed on bootup, rebooted itself and then raid 0 was "normal" but the actual raid 0 volume is only 50% of what its size should be, aswell as my IDE drive i use for back up is only 50% of its normal size. generally the whole pc is sluggish, and has become very loud, ive checked the temps they are fine. it was working perfectly before it crashed for 1 year. any solutions? thanks.

before you mentioned the RAID 0 errors I was thinking the fan on your vid card. Check that and the fan on the Northbridge.

The most likely culprit is your PS. It could be sending unstable voltages to your system. Power fluctuations can cause all kinds of issues like this.

Do you have your system OCed? If so, return it to normal.

The bios may become corrupted, I would reset it just to make sure and then make sure that everything is set correctly in the bios.

all the fans are active. the voltages in bios are normal, the system is not oc'ed. could it be a problem with the motherboard, or sata controller? i dont know the hd's are only showing half of what there total size should be. do i order a new mobo and try creating a new raid0 array again?

Take the Raptors off RAID, see if that helps. At least, it should help narrow down the problem.

Download and run the WD data lifeguard diagnostic program.
With this you can check the integraty of your hard drives.

Luck.......:D

Back