As everyone else said, going with a Dell or HP server is the best bet. Redundant hard drives and access to hardware during a failure are the biggest reasons.
I would probably spec out a dual socket xeon 1366 board, with a single 6 core E5649 (or 5645) with 16GB DDR3 ECC on the server, with dual 143GB SAS in RAID1, and 4x 300GB 10k SAS in RAID5.
You would still be looking at the $5k range. If your CEO doesn't understand the cost of doing business, it's your job to enlighten him/her on the differences of cheap servers and what they should be purchasing.
Also, I don't think it has been mentioned, but along side of all the other benefits of SBS2008/2011, there is remote web workplace, which enables users to work from home at their desktops. Always a fun selling feature when you talk to "the boss". Yeah, more productivity.. always a good selling feature.
Couple that with centralized anti-virus, exchange, backups, etc.. it's usually an easy sell for non-tightwads.
And I never recommend office365 - have you read the disclaimers? most companies wouldn't want their office documents resold on the open market due to legal loopholes.
I would probably spec out a dual socket xeon 1366 board, with a single 6 core E5649 (or 5645) with 16GB DDR3 ECC on the server, with dual 143GB SAS in RAID1, and 4x 300GB 10k SAS in RAID5.
You would still be looking at the $5k range. If your CEO doesn't understand the cost of doing business, it's your job to enlighten him/her on the differences of cheap servers and what they should be purchasing.
Also, I don't think it has been mentioned, but along side of all the other benefits of SBS2008/2011, there is remote web workplace, which enables users to work from home at their desktops. Always a fun selling feature when you talk to "the boss". Yeah, more productivity.. always a good selling feature.
Couple that with centralized anti-virus, exchange, backups, etc.. it's usually an easy sell for non-tightwads.
And I never recommend office365 - have you read the disclaimers? most companies wouldn't want their office documents resold on the open market due to legal loopholes.