Hardware firewall recommendation

Slade

2[H]4U
I'm looking for a hardware firewall solution that allows me to access the server remotely, allow VPN access (via Windows Server SMB VPN), allows Outlook Web Access, all while allowing me to selectively block specific IP addresses or ranges from ever reaching my server. All while being fairly user friendly.

Got any brands or models you recommend and work with that will allow this?

There have been multiple attemps to get into my windows server from somethin other than traditional methods that makes me think security hole. The thing is that the server is up to date on all patches and only has the ports open for the aforementioned programs. Nevertheless it has disrupted the server enough to cause me a headache so I'd rather just ban that damn IP range that keeps trying as it's been similar addresses from europe that's been doing the same attack over and over for the last week.

The Cisco PIX boxes are nice, but they are not user friendly. I think the SonicWall TZ150 or TZ170 fits what you are looking for. If you are not opposed to "roll your own" open source solutions, m0n0wall is maybe even more powerful than the SonicWall boxes and much less expensive.

They don't have to be too user friendly. I'm just looking for something to be efficient at what it does. Keep out all traffic except for what I want and allow me the ability to list or blacklist IP addresses for law enforcement should it become necessary.

Linksys RV0 series will allow ACLs....at a lesser price. I have a few dozen of them out in the field...they work well.

Back