• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Hardware falling behind ?

dajet24

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
2,296
I dont know but seems to me in the past 2 years hardware has kinda fallen behind.

We see the best harwadr avail still havign stutter sin our most demanding games, having still huge wait time to encode sound and video.

I remember when amd and intel were releasing new stuff at what seemed like a crazy pace stuff out dated 60 90 days later.

hardware just seems weak at the moment. even after this huge jump by nvida and ati .

god can you imagine playing the gamse that haev arrived in the 2nd half of 2004 without the new ati nvidia cards?

i know many still do but seems hardware neds some kinda kick to me, seems every new game even on decent systems is to taxing.

EQ 2 WOW other online games EQ 2 cant be run at max everything over 30fps ona ny system created yet or so I have read. ( granted mmorpg arnt the best genre to base this on)

/shrug just a thought. seems hardware companies have slwoed the fierceness down abit an stopped the new tech in hopes for better profit margins, or so it feels.
( which i understand just sucks though)

2cents
 
I have yet to find a game that really brings todays hardware to it's knees. EQ2 ran fine at 1600 and Extreme settings (25+ FPS steady), they just like to market it that way.

HL2 runs fine at 2048, so does CS:S. Games like Far Cry and Doom 3 are played at 1600 resolution and with settings maxed. Maybe if we were playing these games at 1024 there'd be a problem. Seems fine to me.
 
well ya i run half life 2 at max aswell but seems the hardware cant avoid hitches stutters and such in any game i mean you can throw the settin down big time and you still get the stutters and hitchex, I guess the hardware is fully capable of running it just not the silky smooth all the time. why dos the big outdoor scene make me stuter a split 2nd type of annoyance :p
 
HL2 hitches are being looked at, it seems to be an engine thing. I haven't hitches in any other games and have about 30 on my PC right now. If anything, I think games need to push us farther, and do so faster.
 
Back
Top