Hardware failure message

Cinge

Limp Gawd
Ok, so I was trying ot OC and I set my Q6600 to 2.7ghz and 1.3v. Under load it's hitting like 68c. Would this cause the system to crash to a blue screen saying hardware failure, since I have all the thermal throttling turned off?

Is it the temps or something wrong with the CPU that doesn't like OCing?

Is it a B3 or G0 stepping? I supposed by "all the thermal throttling turned off" you mean features like Speedstep (often called other things depending on bios)? They are not really throttling but a power saving feature. However I think the CPU will throttle down or turn off at the Tjunction or TCC regardless of setting in the BIOS.

It's a B3 and yea, speedstep, C1e, thermal throttling, etc., all turned off.

No, I'm using the Freezer 7 Pro. It worked great for my dual core but, looks like it's not up to the job of a quad. Just ordered the Ninja mini (case restrictions) but, may end up going water if that doesn't work.

I was just wondering if all the throttling was turned off, if it would end in a hardware failure blue screen shut down or if it was soemthing else wrong, like a bad CPU or something.

Its not your cooling. Its because you have an NF63 board. If you look on the box you'll see that the board doesn't officially support quad overclocking, which is a result of power constraints that were addressed with the later _1 revision. No matter how high you take the voltage, you'll be lucky to get stable at over 300fsb with a quad.

Back