Hardware acceleration/codec issues

cjv998

n00b
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
52
Hi everyone, I have an Audigy 2 ZS running on Windows XP Pro, and over the last few weeks, I've noticed some problems. First off, I noticed some wmv files (namely, intros to games) didn't have sound accompanying them (or in some cases they wouldn't play at all). I uninstalled the ACE codec pack I had and got the K-Lite pack (after a friend's recommendation). I also upgraded to WIndows Media player 11, hoping it would reinstall my erroneous component(s). Currently, I can play the intro movies in Media Player, Winamp, etc. and the sound is fine, but when I launch the game, there's still no sound. Also, I noticed in UT2004, if I select H/W 3D sound (I'm assuming that stands for hardware accelerated 3D sound) instead of selecting standard 3D sound, the effects and such play fine, but once again, there's no music. Any thoughts on what's going on? Thanks!

EDIT: I fixed the problem in UT2004, I realized I had the "Use system driver" box checked (uses hardware OpenAL driver, which I don't have apparently). Still having the problems with wmv's though.
 
See if this fixes it.

TBH I wouldn't install a codec pack if you paid me. Cause way too many problems.

You can get the OpenAL driver from here.
 
Back
Top