• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hardspell is an NV fansite

CleanSlate

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 28, 2003
Messages
5,263
http://www.hardspell.com/hard/showcont.asp?news_id=14372&pageid=3049

That page explains all that needs to be explained, same with all the 3dmarks.

I'm disgusted with the site and to me this negates all of their data.

Edit: I might as well explain what I mean, some people might not get it...

They compare the 6800 ultra, sli'd 6800ultras, a 7800GTX, sli'd 7800GTX's and an X800XL.

Anyone see something wrong with them comparing their highest end products with the medium-highend product of ATI's? And the Medium-highend product from ATI keeps up damned well with their highest end products so in the end it makes NV look even worse because the X800XL which costs ~$280 (thanks for pointing out my pricing mistake TISaint) keeps up with products that cost from $400-$1300 (sli).

Biased sites irk me. Idiots.

~Adam
 
lol, it's all chinese to me ;) ... could you please explain to me what that particular page explains to you?

Personally, I'd wait a few more hours tor NDA to life and english-language reviews to pop all over the net to pass judgements on this particular first review :D
 
TehQuick said:
lol, it's all chinese to me ;) ... could you please explain to me what that particular page explains to you?

Personally, I'd wait a few more hours tor NDA to life and english-language reviews to pop all over the net to pass judgements on this particular first review :D

Maybe the could not get thier hands on an xtPE ? in china
 
CleanSlate said:
http://www.hardspell.com/hard/showcont.asp?news_id=14372&pageid=3049

That page explains all that needs to be explained, same with all the 3dmarks.

I'm disgusted with the site and to me this negates all of their data.

Edit: I might as well explain what I mean, some people might not get it...

They compare the 6800 ultra, sli'd 6800ultras, a 7800GTX, sli'd 7800GTX's and an X800XL.

Anyone see something wrong with them comparing their highest end products with the medium-highend product of ATI's? And the Medium-highend product from ATI keeps up damned well with their highest end products so in the end it makes NV look even worse because the X800XL which costs ~$200 keeps up with products that cost from $400-$900.

Biased sites irk me. Idiots.

~Adam


Say what? I think X800XL cost closer to $299 than $200. Plus they didn't lie about what card they used or skew the benchmark so what's the big deal. It's not like they used a X800XL and pretend that it's a X850XT PE.
 
TISaint said:
Say what? I think X800XL cost closer to $299 than $200. Plus they didn't lie about what card they used or skew the benchmark so what's the big deal. It's not like they used a X800XL and pretend that it's a X850XT PE.

The 7800s are being listed around $600~$650, that's still a $300 difference, no matter how you slice it.

I think its funny, the card looks even more unimpressive when compared to a card half its price.
 
Skrying said:
The 7800s are being listed around $600~$650, that's still a $300 difference, no matter how you slice it.

I think its funny, the card looks even more unimpressive when compared to a card half its price.

No one is arguing that the G70 cost more.
 
And the fact that they used "only" the X800 instead of the X850. Maybe this is their own subliminal way of saying to all of us: even the mid-highend ATI card of yesterday can hang with nVidia's newest concoction of today in these benchmarks. That doesn't seem to biased towards nVidia. More like a kick in the nuts to them

I wouldn't get so worked up.

I've seen worse comparisons to show off a competitions weaknesses in a product. Remember the ole 3Dfx days? They used to compare their Voodoo2 SLI to competitors motherboard integrated class so-called "3D capable" chips at the time. Then when the Voodoo 3 and 4 came out, nVidia was so far ahead of the game with the TNT2 and eventually GeForce GPU that 3Dfx was comparing performce between their own cards. I remember reading multiple page reviews at the height of the Voodoo 4 and 5 era and not one single comparison to the competition. Then they disappeared...
 
I am worked up because it's complete crap. They are using the fact that the X800 series has very similar product names to make people who don't know any better think higher of NV's products.

They should show the facts and stop trying to screw with ignorant people's minds.

~Adam
 
Ummmm I think these benchmarks make the XL look "good" in comparison to G70. And anybody who cares enough to view a chinese review knows very well that the XL is not ATi's top end. Although I agree that it was useless including it if they couldn't get a PE. They would have been better off just comparing the GTX to the Ultra.

But in the end, you're bitching about nothing. Your whole premise is that people are too stupid to know that the XL is not ATI's best just because it has X800 in the name. Can't believe you created a thread just for that.
 
People are too stupid and you aren't bright enough to realize that it isn't english reading people I'm speaking of, it's people that read chinese and are going to be reading that too, normal people that dont know what the difference between a XL and an XT is as well as people who do know. It's just a fan-site-ish thing to do.

~Adam
 
Yep caring about this shows the OPs true colors if anything at all. I really like the idea of "normal" people reading a bunch of crap out of google's translator a day before launch.... that's especially precious comedy there! Even the geeks are going to be reading the other reviews tommorrow, but these other "normal" people might not know the NDA is lifted tommorrow and all, they just stumbled across these benches. Get a grip. :rolleyes:

Unless you can read chinese or whatever it's in, I think you might be jumping the gun a bit. Know what's a real fan!!! thing to do... crying conspiracy for every little thing. I for one feel glad they put up oodles of pages, even if I can't understand it all, a day early.
 
texuspete00 said:
Yep caring about this shows the OPs true colors if anything at all. I really like the idea of "normal" people reading a bunch of crap out of google's translator a day before launch.... that's especially precious comedy there! Even the geeks are going to be reading the other reviews tommorrow, but these other "normal" people might not know the NDA is lifted tommorrow and all, they just stumbled across these benches. Get a grip. :rolleyes:

You really have on clue about Cleanslate. I could also point out that you pushing this down "show's your true colors".
 
How about a picture of my x800XL (you know the card treated so unfairly) next to my 6800GT.... would that show my true colors? It's Chritmas at my place.... RED AND GREEN.

Too few live outside of their own little world. My excitement over NV's upcoming lineup, has had me for the first time being called a !!!!!!, by mostly people who have forgotten just how meager many of ATI's refreshes have been. Looking over at the XL in my current rig makes it all that much more amusing.
 
Skrying said:
You really have on clue about Cleanslate. I could also point out that you pushing this down "show's your true colors".

....did that make sense to anyone?
 
Can you read chinese? No you can't. You have no clue what they are even saying.

if ANYTHING they are an ATI fansite. Yes they are showing a midrange X800XL product against high end Nvidia products, but dont you notice something? That little x800xl is doing pretty damn good at keeping up. Stop starting these pointless threads. These guys took their own time to write the very first review. You try and put shame to it. Shame on you. Keep your ATI F@nboy opinions to yourself :mad:
 
Wouldn't anyone who'd look at that sight probably already have a decent enough working knowledge of the current video card scene to realize ATI offers a faster card than the x800xl?

The foil-hat wearing sect of "videocard enthusiasts" is a strange breed for sure.

Do people really think that ATI and Nvidia hire x KGB agents to do the marketing?

Sheesh.
 
Aaron_ATX said:
Wouldn't anyone who'd look at that sight probably already have a decent enough working knowledge of the current video card scene to realize ATI offers a faster card than the x800xl?

The foil-hat wearing sect of "videocard enthusiasts" is a strange breed for sure.

Do people really think that ATI and Nvidia hire x KGB agents to do the marketing?

Sheesh.

ATi did hire one firm to do "indepent testing" and publish in house stability, lol.
 
As others have said, seems to me the review shows that the X800XL does pretty well against nVidia's latest $600 uber card. Don't see a problem with it.

The other thing to remember (put your thinking cap on) is the probability that the "ignorant", as you put it, will take the time or bother to read the review of a not yet launched card written in Chinese on a slow-ass site is slim to none. Only stupid-ass enthusiasts like us will bother.

Cool your jets, all will be revealed in the near future when mainstream sites put reviews up.

ROFL @ TehQuick :D

and for the rest of you.... TIMAH!
 
Aaron_ATX said:
Wouldn't anyone who'd look at that sight probably already have a decent enough working knowledge of the current video card scene to realize ATI offers a faster card than the x800xl?

No, they wouldn't. You are making assumptions, people dont have a complete working knowledge about everything they read about.

The foil-hat wearing sect of "videocard enthusiasts" is a strange breed for sure.

Do people really think that ATI and Nvidia hire x KGB agents to do the marketing?

I haven't ever made a claim about anything else, I happen to notice the bull shit these guys pull and suddenly I wear a tinfoil hat and think KGB agents are after my 9800se? ROFL. Your absurdity shows in its own right, no need to say anything else.

~Adam
 
CleanSlate said:
No, they wouldn't. You are making assumptions, people dont have a complete working knowledge about everything they read about.

~Adam

Certainly true in your case. :rolleyes:
 
Wow... we can't even agree that nearly noone who doesn't BOTH
a. give a shit
and
b. able to put it into context

are the ones reading this?

That's really thick. Can I ask last time you read a translated page on topics you knew so little about? Even so this would be considered pre-release information to most.

How exactly does your scenario happen? My buddy tells my uneducated ass that 7800's are coming out, on this specific day I search, find my gobbledy guk website and hereby proclaim ATi inferior to all my friends? Going with how stupid I am of course I also won't try and understand the text or know there is a price diff... I'm going to spend $600 because the site says "hereby the GTX spouts much pixels henceforth the degree of pwnage" or whatever the hell it says.

Can we at least assume people that know the language are in a better position to cry foul? No... of course not... makes too much sense.
 
CleanSlate said:
You are making assumptions, people dont have a complete working knowledge about everything they read about.

This thread is all about your assumptions of the review you posted. You can't even READ the thing and you try to tell someone else that making assumptions is bad?

Maybe they list a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why they didn't include any other ATi card. Maybe discuss the x850 XT PE in depth. You don't know. You are making assumptions.

These are just graphics cards man, step outside once in a while.
 
CleanSlate said:
No, they wouldn't. You are making assumptions, people dont have a complete working knowledge about everything they read about.

I was asking a question, not making a statement. In my mind it seems logical that anyone who would have found that article about that card, knew it was on the way already (and thats how they found it)....and if they knew it was on the way, they probably knew something about the previous generation cards that are on the market.


I haven't ever made a claim about anything else, I happen to notice the bull shit these guys pull and suddenly I wear a tinfoil hat and think KGB agents are after my 9800se? ROFL. Your absurdity shows in its own right, no need to say anything else.

~Adam


Ease up killer, I wasn't trying to flame you. Just the mentality that follows the whole brand-name loyalty (and specifically videocards) around.
 
sativa said:
These are just graphics cards man, step outside once in a while.

Yea, it's only a billion dollar business :rolleyes:

No big deal if people are led astray by a "review". Unlike you, I take money seriously and beyond that scope misinformation is unethical.

If it even mentions the letters XTPE in that review I'll eat my hat.

~Adam
 
sativa said:
This thread is all about your assumptions of the review you posted. You can't even READ the thing and you try to tell someone else that making assumptions is bad?
QFT

It's not so much that bias itself is bad to him, it's that the bias doesn't lean his way. :rolleyes: What can you expect from a site that breaks the NDA... not much. Real reviews will probably appear in the next several hours as Europe enters June 22.
 
CleanSlate said:
People are too stupid and you aren't bright enough to realize that it isn't english reading people I'm speaking of, it's people that read chinese and are going to be reading that too, normal people that dont know what the difference between a XL and an XT is as well as people who do know. It's just a fan-site-ish thing to do.

~Adam

Ummm you are arguing that uninformed non-enthusiast chinese speaking people will be misled by this article, and you're doing so on an english speaking, enthusiast website. Not only is the number of uninformed non-enthusiast chinese speaking people interested in 3d hardware propbably quite small, but I bet I could count the number of them on one hand that would be reading a review of a next generation card one day before NDA expiration.

Your whole premise is quite stupid IMHO.
 
Originally Posted by CleanSlate
If it even mentions the letters XTPE in that review I'll eat my hat.

Oh please can you eat your hat anyways :) and take a picture of it before and after and post it up here that would awsome.
 
btw the geforce ultra they used was a 512mb card, as was the x800 XL.

you can translate some of it with this. Do 'simplified chinese to english' or if that doesn't work for the particular block of text, try traditional chinese.

you'd be suprised.. it will post a paragraph in english from a small looking block of question marks.

 
Shampoo is better... No, conditioner is better... Stop staring at me, swan!

Anyone that compares ATI to nVidia with the sole motive to start and argument on a web forum has got serious issues with possessing a tiny e-wang. If you like ATI, then keep buying their products. If you like nVidia, then keep buying their products (enjoy the price drops while they happen). Me, I happen to like nVidia's current generation more than ATI's. And this is only because of the features they've incorporated into the hardware. It works better for what I do. I couldn't give 2 shits if "the X850XL is 3% faster than a 6800 Ultra in Wing Commander 2 at 2048x1920 res" :rolleyes: . I currently own cards from both brands. I like both brands. And yes, the 7800GTX will be faster than ATI's and nVidia's current generation cards. Why? BECAUSE IT'S A NEWER GENERATION TECHNOLOGY AND THUS FASTER!!! Sheesh, this shouldn't be hard to figure out no matter how thick a skull one has to live with. When ATI brings out the R520, then there will be some equal competition to the G70. nVidia's comes out sooner. ATI's comes out later. Boo Hoo Waaa Waaa. Such is life. Get over it. ATI's R520 is coming. All nvidiots and fanatics need to stop the crying and warmongering.
 
You're telling me they could get ahold of an X800XL whether a 256 meg or 512 megger but they couldn't get ahold of an X850XT or even an X800XT while they are writing a review of highend cards? WTH are they writing a review about high end cards for when they dont have the right cards in the first place? That doesn't make much sense. Granted there could have been extraneous circumstances but if they had the time, effort, and money to write up an indepth review of a total of 6 highend cards, they certainly had time to go to their store even if it was 6 hours away (or online store) to buy an X800XT if not a PE.

Frankly, your reasonings dont stand on one leg.

~Adam
 
Maybe their point was to show a $300 dollar card like the x800XL was still holding it's own against a $650 dollar compeititor's card?

I do find it to be a bit odd regardless, it would be like the r520 being benched against a 6800nu with unlocked pipes. I want to see 7800gtx vs. x850xt pe. :D
 
CleanSlate said:
You're telling me they could get ahold of an X800XL whether a 256 meg or 512 megger but they couldn't get ahold of an X850XT or even an X800XT while they are writing a review of highend cards? WTH are they writing a review about high end cards for when they dont have the right cards in the first place? That doesn't make much sense. Granted there could have been extraneous circumstances but if they had the time, effort, and money to write up an indepth review of a total of 6 highend cards, they certainly had time to go to their store even if it was 6 hours away (or online store) to buy an X800XT if not a PE.

Frankly, your reasonings dont stand on one leg.

~Adam

On this point, I think several people agree including myself. But this is not what you were ranting about earlier. You were claiming that their inclusion of the XL was in some way intentionally misleading and evidence of Nvidia bias, since people are too stupid to know that the XL is not ATi's flagship card. And that is why you are getting flamed to high heaven - your reasoning is ludicrous.
 
or maybe ATI didnt provide them with a free top of the line card to test, or maybe they are broke asses that cant afford to try it, or maybe they were starving for content and just tossed it up there, or maybe they did it to create some drama and get traffic, or maybe they don't even own computers and made it all up.

Who knows. Its not like anyone who isnt a moron is going to be able to notice that that isnt the current "flagship" ATI card.
 
hmm looks like ill be skipping this whole G70 craze ,, my 6800 GT can last me quite a while longer

heck i can run Counter strike Source at 2048 by 1536 No aa/af
 
DejaWiz said:
Anyone that compares [ _____ ] to [ _____ ] with the sole motive to start and argument on a web forum has got serious issues and possesses a tiny wang. If you like [ _____ ], then keep buying their products. If you like [ _____ ], then keep buying their products

Paraphrased for wider applicibility. :D
 
Aaron_ATX said:
Its not like anyone who isnt a moron is going to be able to notice that that isnt the current "flagship" ATI card.

This is exactly what I'm saying, people who are ignorant, that is not having an indepth knowledge could easily overlook this little point.

I don't think it's absurd to point out that someone could easily mistake an XL model for an XT or XTPE if they are ignorant.

Stuff like this happens daily.

~Adam
 
cleanslate chill out. Take a breath of fresh air and drink more water, keeps you less irrritable. thanks
 
Back
Top