HardOCP Needs Your Input!!!!! Please Read!!!!

need more info.. surprised how many people leave the side of the case off i wish i could but my 1 year olds hands like to pull wires! my case is 32C most the time but depends how quiet i want it and how hot the wife pushes the heater! .. i wish i could just set a small deskfan to the side of the open case but not a option.. i think most this boils down to what cpu you use and how you cool it

Thermaltake Armor Jr. - one intake fan.
Room temperature, 70F
Case temperature, 30C
CPU temperature, 33C

Ultra Wizard Mid-ATX - no intake fans
Room temperature, 70F
Case temperature, 29-30C (varies)
CPU temperature, 32C

Air temp in our HTPC near PSU fan (PSU's thermal probe) located just above Big Typhoon exhaust: 45-51 C depending on load and ambient temp. PSU = Fortron Source 350W.

Got another PC (XPS gen4) with a 1U PSU in the bottom, fan sucking ambient air. Temp inside the case is 25-30C.

Since there are to many variables and your asking for a single number, doesn't this justify some type of form, survey or multiple choice answer where you might get a handle on these variables. I don't see how your going to pull a good number out of individual posts w/ such a variety of "qualifiers".

Not really the important number is the mean high temperature of the air being drawn into the power supply. That value is the one that would be needed if someone was going to do this kind of thing.

So the numbers being reported from the motherboard are not very useful. If the northbridge is 37c or the processor is 32c that doesn't really give someone any idea what the temperature is of the air going into the PSU.

i guess u mean "normal cases" temperatures, so i cant help you, hehehe
extreme cooling is the way to go. But something is really important concerning PSUs and that is the design of the small transformers, because of the small size it´s design can be very difficult regarding the regulation of the transformer, because the regulation is not good the voltaje can change during different loads.

40-45C sounds good.

I'd rather it be a *little* higher than normal just for a more real world representation. Not only that we get to see how well they perform for the average builder.

My current case temp is 35C.
In the summer I'm sure it will hit 45C

both ambient sensors in my case are currently reading 26... they were down to 24 earlier 0_0

27C - Idle overclocked AM2 X2 4200+ @ 2.72ghz
37C - Load
Coolermaster Centurion 5 with 120mm outake, 80mm intake, and cpu cooled by Arctic Cooling Freezer 64

I am sitting about 35C my case stays pretty nice in the winter, not sure about the summer I can get back to you in a few months. :D

Please define "real life editor"? Just not sure what exaclty you mean by that.

Thanks

room temp at 27C
Fileserver1 @ 42C (side off)
Fileserver2 @ 44C (side off)
Main rig @ room temp (no case)
Secondary rig @ 48C (side on)
Bro's comp @ 43C (side on WC'd)

Ninja Edit: temps taken from air inside the cases, not the mobo.

My CPU is at 30C idle. My enermax is mounted to pull from inside the case (per their suggestion) even though the TJ09 has a bottom grill and I could have pulled from the outside but with the clearance between the bottom of the case and my carpet, I didn't think the airflow would be too good. I have two 120s on the top pulling in air and the tj09 case fan and enermax fan blowing out of the back. The air they exhaust is always cooler than the ambient room air, which is at about 70F (it's my mini-A/C that cools my feet during game sessions). Oh, there is also the big GPU fan pulling air from the two openings on the side.

How the heck do you measure interior case temps anyway?

Hrm.. I can list off my "temps" as stated from sensors on my hardware: (temp readings assume ambient is 21c)

cpu idle: 31c
cpu load: 51c
NB: 30c (max load)

PWM temps in the 60c range typically, maybe low 70s during extreme load..

gpu0 idle: 48c
gpu0:load 65c
gpu1: idle 48c
gpu1 load: 63c

I would say the avg temp in my case would be in the mid 30s (c) maybe more depending on the area.. (near the PWM it will be warmer) I have 4x 80cfm 120mm fans on full blast, 2x input (front and back) and 2x exhaust (top). Plus the PSU fans... I'd say I have good air flow inside..

My case temps are about 35C idle, with 1x120mm and 1x80mm intakes and a 120mm exhaust. Load gets to about 39-40C. Case is a Centurion 5.

avg idle temps:
Mobo: 40C
CPU: 35C
GPU: 62C

avg load temps:
Mobo: 44C
CPU: 48C
GPU: 75C

My case runs between 35C and 45C, depending on the ambient temps and if I am running a full load.

Around 27-30 C, my PSU is at the bottom of the case so it pretty much exhausts unheated air, however my setup is pretty atypical.

Antec P180 with PSU seeing only ambient air in the PSU tunnel is 23c. 25c in the upper part of the case with exterior water-cooling.

I keep my computers in a cool room and all fold 24/7. The PSU is expelling cold air, as are the case fans in the upper tier of the case.

If I take my side panel off the temp actually rises. Case engineering has improved greatly over the years.

case temps 36c, ambient is roughly 70-75F. (with cpu full load @56c (folding, of course))
rig in sig

Back