HardOCP front page

Silverghost

2[H]4U
Tim broke it :p

The Hardnews 3rd edition news post just repeats itself over and over and over...lol

lol I noticed that too. Thought it was because I was using a mac though, since macs do that sometimes ;)

The main page seems to be down this morning - anyone else having troubles ?

-X

Xathros said:
The main page seems to be down this morning - anyone else having troubles ?

-X

I can't access it either.

I've noticed that HardOCP has been suffering from downtimes quite often. THey say it's general maintenance but I wonder if the dude in charge is really just a moron?

Optimummind said:
I can't access it either.

I've noticed that HardOCP has been suffering from downtimes quite often. THey say it's general maintenance but I wonder if the dude in charge is really just a moron?

I doubt that. With a site as large as [H], it must be difficult to keeps things up and running problem free 24/7 so a little downtime here and there should be expected. I was more interested to find out if the problem was mine or [H]'s when I posted. It appears to be on it's way back up now - I can get a partial page load now.

Guess it's just a glitch.

-X

Those phantom dudes had hired one of those DoS atacker guys to hit up the [H] for telling the truth so [H]ard. HEH as it where.

well, at least the forums are up! lol

They do seem to have quite a bit of downtime on one or the other... (forums or website)

For me it just loads the the top title banner, side menus and the top 3 articles. No posts of the day or anything else.

Yeah the front page manages to load 3 or 4 ads and nothing else, Besides the dreaded 404, All or most of the links seem dead or at least those that I tried at any rate, emailed Kyle. Possibly He already knew about It, But If no one else did It then It wasn't a wasted effort. I guess no news is here for a bit. later.

Maybe Steve is getitng Alzheimer's and forgetting that he posted already lol

I really don't mind I can't get enough of The [H] anywho !
So now I can get twice as much, Thanks :D
Somebody go tell Kyle to stop fraggin and get on the stick!

I figured it was Mozilla causing the double vision, then I found the same on IE :( Maybe he's been "hanging" out w/Rojak a bit much lately.

We had a very good hacker compromise every server in our system in the last three weeks. We have had to pull every box, reformat while keeping our data intact and install a new OS and configuration.

We were just about to move to FreeBSD anyway, but this sort of accelerated our schedule and it made it pretty hairy for the last week.

We are still limping at this point. Should be 100% in the next week or 10 days.

ComputerBox34 said:
THat sucks. Thats why the forums kept going up and down over the weekend I guess. Any idea who it is? Any IP traces?
No, this guy was a friggin god. I would really like to meet him actually. He was very "professional" about the whole thing. He never got destructive in a way to destroy any data or anything. He was spamming with our boxes. In fact, I don't know how he got as much data outbound out of one of our boxes as we did. We have one little dually PIII server that was pushing 64Gb/s for a full 7 days before we started to get onto him better. This guy did some things that I did not know were possible. We could not get root on a couple of boxes and we were physically at them.

On the upside, I think we fixed our forum database issues that we were seeing the last few weeks during all of this...

u shud cut open tha phone line 4 tha 56k on tha servers, and watch tha data come in, that way u can see if any1 is hacking u!

/aol speak.

this sucks... who would want to hack us?!?! :shiftyeyes:

Falls Included said:
this sucks... who would want to hack us?!?! :shiftyeyes:
Well, if it's a spammer/hacker (as seems to be the case), you target people with available bandwidth. I'm pretty sure Kyle qualifies.

Back