Hardocp formatting issue?

Quartz-1

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi Kyle,

There may be a slight formatting issue on HardOCP.com. Take a look at this screengrab and note the placement of the Seasonic adverts and the Coffee Lake article at the bottom. You have the page two columns, with the right-hand column for adverts, yet one of the Seasonic adverts is in the middle of the Hard News column and the Coffee Lake article spills over into the adverts column. Given the size of the aforementioned Seasonic advert, I'm guessing it's supposed to go bottom right. (And Seasonic are wasting their money by having the two adverts on the one page.)

The behaviour is consistent between Chrome and Edge and on 4K and 1200p displays in portrait mode.

It has been this way since day one of this design. Or maybe I am not understanding you.

As for Seasonic wasting its money, many advertisers like take-over type ads to drive attention to those.

Also, you can drag and drop images into this editor, or cut and paste into this editor, no outside links needed.

Ah right, I just assumed it was because I was using a portrait-mode display and the advert was right down there with an appropriately sized place elsewhere.
I still honestly do not understand what the issue is.

Back