HardOCP.com on iPad going to mobile site

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjz_5

2[H]4U
This just started happening. Is this an error or it's intentional??
I mean hardocp. Autocorrect :)
Thx

Last edited:
not sure what hardcopy is, but my bookmark on my android tablet suddenly forces the m.hardocp.com url now. The "full site" link at the bottom of the page only refreshes the same mobile view. If i click on "hard forum mobile" it takes me to some lame looking white and blue mobile layout, and from that page i hit "default style" which finally takes me to the full site......

I even forced the desktop user agent for my browser, no go

Last edited:
Well the color scheme kinda sucks but its still a whole lot better on my Blackberry 8330.

Just popped to see if anyone else is having this issue, it's happening on my ipad2 as well :(

Same behavior on I.E. 8 on a PC ! cant get to main site (www.hardocp.com) at all. Changed/reset/deleted all settings and cookies to no avail. I want the real site back!! :-(

Guys, using the mobile site and reading reviews (the MSI Z68 from today for example) practically none of the images show up. Just FYI. My phone has been acting normal, so I think it might be a site issue.

Guys, using the mobile site and reading reviews (the MSI Z68 from today for example) practically none of the images show up. Just FYI. My phone has been acting normal, so I think it might be a site issue.

Its a site issue for sure.

It's relatively new, and I think they are working the kinks out. Works fine on my phone, looks very much like a stripped down version of hardocp.com that retains functionality for phones. I use it sometimes while I'm out and about if I feel like browsing the web.

It's relatively new, and I think they are working the kinks out. Works fine on my phone, looks very much like a stripped down version of hardocp.com that retains functionality for phones. I use it sometimes while I'm out and about if I feel like browsing the web.

it sucks and i want to turn it off, my saved link is not to the mobilesite, it is to the desktop site, even on my tablet and phone, i dont pay $300 for a 4g phone and $400 for a 10" tablet to view my web sites neutered ;)

it sucks and i want to turn it off, my saved link is not to the mobilesite, it is to the desktop site, even on my tablet and phone, i dont pay $300 for a 4g phone and $400 for a 10" tablet to view my web sites neutered ;)

Yes please turn it off! I like the regular hardocp site better.

Please make the suck stop! This mobile site is killing me, and the link to full site doesnt work.

Please make the suck stop! This mobile site is killing me, and the link to full site doesnt work.

see my post earlier in the thread for directions to the main page brother!

funny thing is it goes to the right page on my phone, work desktop and my netbook at home, but on my tablet it doesn't

see my post earlier in the thread for directions to the main page brother!

funny thing is it goes to the right page on my phone, work desktop and my netbook at home, but on my tablet it doesn't
Getting to the forum in an unstripped state is easy enough, as you have described. The front page however remains in a mobile version. As mentined earlier, clicking the full site link just refreshes the mobile page.

I cant say I care to much for the mobile variation on my tablet.

not sure what hardcopy is, but my bookmark on my android tablet suddenly forces the m.hardocp.com url now. The "full site" link at the bottom of the page only refreshes the same mobile view. If i click on "hard forum mobile" it takes me to some lame looking white and blue mobile layout, and from that page i hit "default style" which finally takes me to the full site......

I even forced the desktop user agent for my browser, no go

The problem isn't getting to the forums. It's getting to the normal hardocp.com front page.

I prefer Opera on my portable devices.

I browse the front page 2-4 times at least per day to see what is new. I like reading the comments before going to the article. Not having the comments makes the mobile site a deal breaker for me.

Edit:

To be fully honest. Sites that have mobile versions frustrate me. I go to the site and then have to then reload my page to get the normal page (usually) anyways. Granted the mobile sites use less bandwidth for those of us that have limited bandwidth but I think mobile sites should be selected as an option on the mobile device. That way you always get the normal page unless you put the little check in the check box saying you want the mobile version. After that it will always load the mobile version for that device and browser.
This auto mobile sites is just a pita imo.

Last edited:
Same behavior on I.E. 8 on a PC ! cant get to main site (www.hardocp.com) at all. Changed/reset/deleted all settings and cookies to no avail. I want the real site back!! :-(

while it doesn't fix the issue with mobile devices, I've had similar issues with IE8 and it turned out to be user-agent strings that were added with some application.

at one point when I tried to go to walmart.com it would force me to their mobile site, from a desktop running IE8.
I found the problem user-agent and after removing it, all was well.

At least the link to go back to the full page works now. Thanks to who fixed that. :)

For those with Android devices, you can use one of these 2 ways to change the user-agent on the phone. So you can get your [H] fix until it gets squared away :p

Open your browser, enter about:debug into the address bar, then hit the "Go" button on your keyboard—don't tap the search/URL suggestion that comes up. You'll notice that the browser now does, well, nothing. But hit your Menu key, choose the "More" option, then select Settings. Scroll down some, and you'll see a new collection of advanced options there, including a "UAString" option. Click that, then choose between Android, desktop, or iPhone user strings to change what browser web sites think you're visiting with.

if you have a Samsung Galaxy device, open up the browser and enter "about:useragent"

For those with Android devices, you can use one of these 2 ways to change the user-agent on the phone. So you can get your [H] fix until it gets squared away :p

if you have a Samsung Galaxy device, open up the browser and enter "about:useragent"

it was happening to me still while using the desktop user agent switch on a honeycomb tablet

Beautiful, that did the trick. Thanks.

for those of you that are having problem with your iphone/ipads, please post your user agent variable and your IOS version.. There are some problems with apple with setting cookies. Under my iphone 3GS i had to set my cookie settings to "Always". In addition after making changes to your cookie settings you will have to reboot your device before the new settings will take effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back