HardForum's Down??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignasty

Limp Gawd
This is really weird but just a second ago when i tried to get into the hardforums i got this....

harddown2.jpg

hardforum.jpg

:eek: I emailed kyle telling him it was down and showing that image then he replied telling me something I didnt even think of. the email stated simply "flush your dns"...

start > run > command... ipconfig /flushdns and im back on... that was WIERD...

P.S. I usually use slimbrowser but opened IE to troubleshoot

Hmm, I still seem to be experiencing the problem... just to let you know

/edit

yeah, just started working again for me. Guessing it was my ISP's DNS servers not being updated too. :)

I too am still having this issue, (CHAOS on hardforum.com, www.hardforum.com still works)

I flushed my DNS, as well as my DNS server's cache, so my guess is that my ISP's DNS servers (forwarders from my DNS servers) are still not updated.

Just a matter of time though till they update.

==>Lazn

I am amazed.....
Kyle should run for President or something (cheap attempt to gain favor)
I don't know of anyone that takes care of their brood as [H]e does!
Damn even responds to our peasently needs!
Thankyou O Great Geekone

I did... and still i get page can not be displayed/chaos errors every other page..

since I posted here last its been going on and off, mostly off. something is all screwy, it may be worth it to check with the planet about this...

i just wish i could make clever names for my computers, my main one is 'tim', my redhat server is 'rhserver', i have 'dell500','dell550','pii450','win98' and so on

it just did the chaos thing for me about 20 min ago. thought it was fixed?

I got a flat-out 404 a few minutes ago, no chaos, no error msg. :(

same thing on the 404, but thats when you are posting and the server 'goes away'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back