• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hardforum Sales Section Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDC2

n00b
Joined
Apr 17, 2010
Messages
16
Harro, long time lurker here (previous account got deleted).

I am writing today about the current evolution of the "For Sale" section. 3-4 years ago it was great but now it's become a huge mess. This is a PC forum and yet, every other ad in the "For Sale" section is for an iPhone or Galaxy Note. Why not create subforums so that buyers don't have to filter through so much "spam" and sellers get to keep their ad on the front page a little longer?

Also, I understand the whole thing about Newegg not paying royalties but guess what, not everyone wants to be redirected to Amazon. To make matters worse, there's a timer that automatically redirects you to a place that you don't want to go. Sure I can click the hyperlink to go to Newegg but why should I go through the trouble? My solution? Ad a little box that says "Never As Me Again".

I hope you guys can address these issues because this forum used to be my favorite.

Thanks!
 
I agree. At first, Hardforum bassicly only sold PC stuff, and as tech evolved so has the users items they are selling. I don't want anything complicated, maybe general (users with a whole FS thread with assorted items), PC, and Other.
 
It would be nice to see sorted thread listings. But would the threads stay active? As some threads would almost be empty. I mainly cover about the first two pages and then that is it. The biggest issues is thread titles listing that isn't even in the thread. And we still have the people that bump their thread and the mark it sold and close the thread. And it just keeps getting worse here. Nothing like seeing a front page full of closed threads.

How about we get a sub forum to put the sold stuff there. Instead of it being mixed in with the active threads.
 
Last edited:
pretty sure if you install hover hound, newegg links go to newegg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top