Hardforum...It works! (Weird issue in Firefox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stop!theradio

2[H]4U
So when I try the site with http:// or www. or just hardforum.com or any combination in Firefox, it does the same thing. This:

aaa.jpg

I'm using whatever the hell the latest version of Firefox is right now. The site seems to work fine in Chrome, though. Any idea on what's going on, am I just missing something?

So I clicked the link to this thread through a Google search and the site works.

Found out that if I add /index.php after hardforum.com it'll work. Strange, though - my bookmark has been the same since I can't even remember when. All the sudden it needs the index.php. *shrugs*

Strange. I have the same problem when using Firefox. I even logged out to clear the cookies and it's still there.

The problem is NOT there with Google Chrome or IE, though.

So I clicked the link to this thread through a Google search and the site works.

Found out that if I add /index.php after hardforum.com it'll work. Strange, though - my bookmark has been the same since I can't even remember when. All the sudden it needs the index.php. *shrugs*

Same here.

I saw this yesterday at some point. The "It works!" page is what you usually see after installing Ubuntu. I'm guessing someone was doing some maintenence on the forums or something crashed temporarily. It's not related to a particular browser or URL.

We were making some changes yesterday. How is it now. Working fine in FF for me.

I changed my bookmark yesterday to include the index.php, so I don't have the problem anymore lol - but if I type it manually without index.php (essentially what my old bookmark was) then I get the same "It works!" page.

Straaaaange. I restarted FF with all add ons disabled to see if it might have been some weird compatibility thing - nope. It does the same thing. :confused:

Still having it here, too with FF if I hit this: http://www.hardocp.com/ and then if I click on the Forums tab the url still says http://www.hardforum.com/ and I get the It Works! message.

Logging out and deleting cookies doesn't seem to matter, either. I'll try it again later today. No big deal just kind of weird.

doesn't happen for me, Firefox 5 here, and i use no addons or plugins except Adobe Flash

I'm on version 5.0 as well. Still have the same issue - although I'll stress it's not an actual "issue" for me because like I said I changed my bookmark to include index.php, so it's fine.

Might bug others who don't know whats up, though. Such a strange issue, and even more weird that some of us are having different experiences with it on the same browser versions. I wonder if using the beta update option (or whatever the hell it's called) has anything to do with it. I have my browser set to update to beta versions when available (instead of only mainstream, stable releases), but I am on 5.0 as of right now.

I wonder if that's of any relevance. What about you guys, Q-BZ and Fail? Are you set to update to beta versions?

I wonder if that's of any relevance. What about you guys, Q-BZ and Fail? Are you set to update to beta versions?

I don't know if there's a specific setting for that but I always have had FF set to automatically check and take down updates so I have no idea if that includes betas, too.

I'm 5.0 as well.

Funny thing is when this happened to me(Chrome) I had Facebook open in the other tab as well :D

Happened for about 1 minute for me, seemed it was down for that time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back