HardForum App

ReconSniper

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, there seems to be an app for everything now days. With all the tech savvy people on this forum, why hasn't someone created an Android and Iphone app for the Hardforums? That way we can easily browse and comment while we should be working, or on the go? Just a thought.

I've been waiting for a connection to Tapatalk. Love that app - it'd be nice to add this forum to my list of others I peruse through it. Not sure what it would take to add this forum to that app's "supported" list though.

Well, there seems to be an app for everything now days. With all the tech savvy people on this forum, why hasn't someone created an Android and Iphone app for the Hardforums? That way we can easily browse and comment while we should be working, or on the go? Just a thought.

I've been waiting for a connection to Tapatalk. Love that app - it'd be nice to add this forum to my list of others I peruse through it. Not sure what it would take to add this forum to that app's "supported" list though.

This has been discussed many times. Kyle has said it isn't gonna happen. That's why we have the mobile theme.

I remember I had a HardForum app on my phone a looooooong time ago. Then, when I got a new phone, I couldn't find it on the Market anymore.

I loved that shitty little app :(

There's...a mobile site? It just leads me to what looks like the desktop one on my phone.

There's...a mobile site? It just leads me to what looks like the desktop one on my phone.

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. In the lower left hand corner you'll see a white box with -- [H]ard|Forum on it. Its a dropdown, so click on it and select -- [H] Mobile to get the mobile site theme.

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. In the lower left hand corner you'll see a white box with -- [H]ard|Forum on it. Its a dropdown, so click on it and select -- [H] Mobile to get the mobile site theme.

Why is it all white and shit? :mad:

Why is it all white and shit? :mad:

This is why I don't like/use the mobile site as well.

But I don't mind using the desktop site on my phone browser. Kinda awkward to post longer messages, but works fine otherwise.

The less apps on my phone, the better. I shouldn't need an app for your site/service if you've coded and designed your site properly. HTML5 is pretty versatile like that.

It's funny that we see this exact same thread with almost the exact same verbiage show up like every 6 months though. Normally it's in the Genmay section though, I think.

Last edited:
Have you noticed that the "Last Post" bars in the mobile version don't react when you press them?

Conversely, toggling from Mobile display to Desktop display is done by clicking on the blue colored Default Style box at the top of the page.

This is why I don't like/use the mobile site as well.

But I don't mind using the desktop site on my phone browser. Kinda awkward to post longer messages, but works fine otherwise.

The less apps on my phone, the better. I shouldn't need an app for your site/service if you've coded and designed your site properly. HTML5 is pretty versatile like that.

It's funny that we see this exact same thread with almost the exact same verbiage show up like every 6 months though. Normally it's in the Genmay section though, I think.

I hear you. I'm in the marketing field (mostly deal with graphics, but a lot of HTML5 coding comes into play), and it's tough to stomach how many sites are just poorly coded and don't work well for mobile, when that's like one of the #1 things to focus on when launching a new site. Everyone's on the go, and having that website in pocket size reacting well, is critical.

Granted, not that important for a forum, but still.

Apps are gay as fuck. Too many things have apps. Before long we'll have app browsers...which would be an internet browser. I can do just fine on here on my phone...don't need a stupid app.

Apps are gay as fuck.

mindblown.gif

Back