Hard Lined

cheesehazard

Weaksauce
Has anyone ever hard lined a water cooling setup with coper or small pvc? I found some projects started but I have never found a completed setup.

not that ive seen. it would be rediculously hard to add/remove/clean/switch around anything.

I've seen a few that turned out pretty nice. It's not anything I'd want to hassle with. Looks like WAY too much work.

I think it could look really neat if you did it with smaller (3/8" id range) polished stainless tubing.

I have only found one system that was hard lined with copper. Its not finished and no work has been done on it in over a year. Its on bit techs forum. If anyone has any pictures please link them. My next project I am going to hard line and I am trying to get an idea for the fittings going from the tubing to the water blocks.

Here ya go. That guy is doing a great job with hard lines.

OP said:
The fans [Yate Loons] above are the icing on the cake. These are the quietest fans I have ever owned. I put 12v on 10 of these babies and they are still quieter than my psu fan. Thats 10fans making less noise than 1 on my stinken psu. They push about 47cfm acording to manufacturer.

:D :D :eek:

Obviously he's not a quiet computing buff :D

ONE yate-loon @ 12v burns my ears.

I know this thread is pretty dead but I happened to stumble across it.

I am the builder to the linked up project above and have the same project shown across bit-tech as well as wizdforums. My project is actually done rite now but have not taken any finished pictures.

as for the comment above I am running 6 of those yate loons on my rad@ 6volts a pop. they are completely silent. Best fans I have ever owned.

I will post pics of the project when I have the time.

I know this thread is pretty dead but I happened to stumble across it.

I am the builder to the linked up project above and have the same project shown across bit-tech as well as wizdforums. My project is actually done rite now but have not taken any finished pictures.

as for the comment above I am running 6 of those yate loons on my rad@ 6volts a pop. they are completely silent. Best fans I have ever owned.

I will post pics of the project when I have the time.

Please do!

I'd be glad to see them.

And yeah, 6 yates at 6v are almost completely silent... Around 28dba.

I've also thought about doing this at various points. Copper is the obvious choice, since it'll work to suck up some heat, too. I wouldn't use stainless simply because it doesn't move heat as well, and it'll be more vaunerable to rusting (depending on the grade of stainless).

If your thinking of this you may want to consider using push-fit fittings as they are easily adapted to using solid copper or stainless tubing. However, the tool you need to groove the tube is about $300.

316 stainless is one pricey alloy lately. Stainless steel prices are going crazy lately, given that nickel is way more expensive. I get the feeling that 316 stainless lines are going to cost quite a bit more than copper.

I forgot to mention. I posted the finished pics of the hard lined project. You can view them at the link above.

i remember seeing some shuttle that was extensively watercooled using pipes. It was on some french website (yey google translator). anyhoo, that guy watercooled everything, cpu, gpu, ram , mosfets, PSU , i remember thinking how it looked so hard to fit everything in.

if anyone can find the link, I'm sure people here will love to see it. I think i got the link from sfftech.com

The first time I was exposed to the idea of water cooling a pc was Maximum PC. They had a pictorial / how to ,And was all copper tubing:eek:

Back