hard drives on their side?

Riveninside

Weaksauce
is it okay to build a case around them laying on their side? or are they better left flat??

TIA!

last question than i can get to buildin!

sideways should be fine as there are a lot of large drive arrays with the drives in cages on thier sides.
I ran a couple of my drives on there sides for a couple of years since I had no more space to mount them normally.

they're designed to work in any position. Flat, vertical, horizontal doesn't really matter.

Awesome! thanks guys! just needed ideas to figure out how i'm mounting things as i just spent 300 on parts to build the damn thing.. lol

Many cases are even designed to store the HDD's on their sides. For example, I have a SilverStone TJ-06 and it has the HDD's mounted on their sides.

Dont forget Lian-Li's...Now that I think about it, I freaked out when I first got my PC-62b because of teh way the drives are mounted. Maybe they shold put a sticker or something on there to tell you that its OK to mount drives that way?

many of the new HP computers dont even have drive cages, they just mount the bottom of the HDD to the front of the case, making it vertical with the connector at the bottom

Back