hard drive wouldnt boot, made diff HD primary windows but cant get stuff off old hd

dwilson041781

[H]ard|Gawd
im running xp pro, and for some reason when i look at drive that i have as slave so i can access to get my stuff off of, its saying its FAT, which i know when i had windows xp on it, it was NTFS, i was moving around hard drives and came across problem of it not booting, NTLDR missing crap, no biggie, put a different HD in and setup xp pro all over again, now im trying to pull my old files etc... off, and its showing 10mb free space on the old 160gb HD that i originally was running windows on, and showing its FAT, and when i open it, its a weird F with a square picture, IM STUMPED.

did i lose all my files? the cd that came with the Hitachi drive has nothing as far as recovery, just setup tools. anything on net?

im wondering if it just a problem with the jumper setting, or maybe i should try it on my computer, trying to help my bro out. :)

so its a bent pin, im sending in for RMA after straightening pin, and still not working, hoping it gets accepted, 50/50 chance.

Back