I am looking to either add to or replace my current hard drive setup.
Currently the two WD 74GIG Raptors running RAID 0 that I have are working fine in relation to performance, but now in the world of digital distribution- games are filling it fast.
I recently had to RMA one back to the manufacture. Once it was returned I noticed it was a different model. After further research I found that one was SATA 1.5Gb/s and the replacement SATA 3.0Gb/s. Originally I thought that my hard drives were both SATA 3Gb/s... this raises the question- Should I just scrap this setup, since I am not going to go buy another 74GIG hard drive just to match the other SATA 3Gb/s? If not, I would be looking for a large hard drive to add in to my machine. Any good recommendations? Also, is putting games on a separate hard drive than the OS cause a decrease in game performance?
If I am to scrap the current setup, what options are best for performance? I have seen people running two big drives RAID 0, some running one SSD and a large high performance hard drive. There are so many options, I dont know where to start.
Note: the board I have supports SATA 6.
-Cost does play a small factor, I am not looking to spend hundreds of dollars just to squeeze out a higher benchmark.
Please let me know if you require any further details to assist me.
thanks in advance for any information given.
Currently the two WD 74GIG Raptors running RAID 0 that I have are working fine in relation to performance, but now in the world of digital distribution- games are filling it fast.
I recently had to RMA one back to the manufacture. Once it was returned I noticed it was a different model. After further research I found that one was SATA 1.5Gb/s and the replacement SATA 3.0Gb/s. Originally I thought that my hard drives were both SATA 3Gb/s... this raises the question- Should I just scrap this setup, since I am not going to go buy another 74GIG hard drive just to match the other SATA 3Gb/s? If not, I would be looking for a large hard drive to add in to my machine. Any good recommendations? Also, is putting games on a separate hard drive than the OS cause a decrease in game performance?
If I am to scrap the current setup, what options are best for performance? I have seen people running two big drives RAID 0, some running one SSD and a large high performance hard drive. There are so many options, I dont know where to start.
Note: the board I have supports SATA 6.
-Cost does play a small factor, I am not looking to spend hundreds of dollars just to squeeze out a higher benchmark.
Please let me know if you require any further details to assist me.
thanks in advance for any information given.