• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hard Drive Upgrade

outlaw88

n00b
Joined
Jun 6, 2007
Messages
56
Hello all, I'm looking to grab a WD Black 1TB drive. I'm looking for an upgrade in both capacity and performance. Below is my current hdd setup:

400GB - This is my primary hd and has Windows 7 and 50gb set aside for Ubuntu

250GB - Windows XP (just a backup OS)

400GB - Storage (music, video, etc.)

What I want to do is replace my primary 400GB drive with the 1TB drive. My process that I worked out in my head is...

1. Backup my Windows 7 to a spare 250GB hdd that I have

2. Power down, unplug all drives except for the 400GB primary and the new 1TB

3. Clone the 400GB to the 1TB drive, power down

4. Throw the 400GB in my closet

5. Plug the 250GB with XP and 400GB storage drive back in

I'm thinking that when I bring the system back up, it should be like nothing changed except for the size of the primary drive...would I be wrong?
 
btw, WD offers a free version of Acronis True Image available for DL from their site. ;)
 
Back
Top