• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hard Drive Space Q

fatpirate

n00b
Joined
Dec 22, 2006
Messages
34
In regards to BB having the 74gb Raptors for $120....I am building a Vista Ultimate setup and am curious about hdd space.

Is 60gb (with 15gb vista headroom) reasonable for Vista plus Photoshop, Steam with HL2 Counterstrike, BF2, 2142, and a few other misc programs?



Also Is there somewhere I can find out how much space programs take up?
 
fatpirate said:
Also Is there somewhere I can find out how much space programs take up?

Right click on folder -> properties
- or -
Control Panel ->Add/Remove Programs usually has a size estimate for each entry.
 
fatpirate said:
In regards to BB having the 74gb Raptors for $120....I am building a Vista Ultimate setup and am curious about hdd space.

Is 60gb (with 15gb vista headroom) reasonable for Vista plus Photoshop, Steam with HL2 Counterstrike, BF2, 2142, and a few other misc programs?


First off, it is ~69GB formatted.
-15GB for Vista
-10GB for Steam (Being conservative, my Steam folder is 20GB)
-3GB for BF2
-3GB for 2142
-2GB for PS (Guessing on this one)
---------
~36GB free.

You could just do what I do. I have my 160GB Raptor mounted to c:\Games
 
I recommend getting two of them or a single 160. I think you'll regret not having more room well before the service life of that drive is expired.

I'm a seagate fan and most of the drives I buy have a 5 year service life. Getting just enough to get by to save $100 makes much less sense when you spread that out over its 5 year life.

Just a thought... enjoy :)
 
Back
Top