Hard Drive Recommendations

AdamMT1618

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
158
I am building a new PC, but I am also on a budget. I enjoy gaming, such as FPS, etc. I am building an AMD 64 3500 939 (90nm) and will be using a GeForce 6800 Limited Edition video card. My question is since I am on a budget can I get away with buying a cheap 7200 RPM SATA HD for now for my OS and Games drive without bad performance? If so, is there a particular drive you can recommend to me? Maybe you have another suggestion?.

I understand Raptor's are the ones to get, but I want to save money and try an alternative until I can open up my budget to buy a Raptor.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
 
Anymore 7200RPM is standard. The reason WD is making the Raptors is because they no longer have a SCSI division that the Raptors would impede on.

Lately, Maxtor has been quite good to me, but Western Digital or Seagate would be great picks as well.
 
Back
Top